Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam well known as A.P.J Abdul Kalam who was the 11th President of the India from 2002 to 2007 born on 15 October 1931 in Rameshwaram, Tamil Nadu.
He belonged from Tamil Muslim Family.He comes from humble Family. His Mother Ashiamma was Housewife, Father Jainulabdeen was a boat owner. Kalam had four siblings. After completion of his school, he sold newspapers to support his father.
Kalam Started his Study from Ramanathapuram Schwartz Matriculation school. After he went to Saint Joseph’s College where he became a Physics Graduate. In 1955, he went to Madras for Further his study. He got his degree from Madras Institute of Technology in 1957.
In 1958 he Joined the Aeronautical Development Establishment of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) as a scientist. In 1960, he worked with Indian National Committee for Space Research under the great scientist Vikram Sarabhai. In 1969, he was transferred to the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
Kalam Directed other some several projects like Project Devil, which Producing a short-range surface to air missile. But unluckily this project was not successful in a long term. Project Valiant, a project to the development of Intercontinental ballistic missile. But same as project Devil, this project also failed.
In 2002, Kalam won the election the election of the president. He was the 11th President of India. He became a president from 25 July 2002 to 25 July 2007.
- Kalam Used to read both Quran and Bhagavad Gita.
- Kalam never owned a TV, his personal possessions including his books, some articles of clothing.
- After completing the degree from Madras Institute of Technology, Kalam designed helicopters for Indian army.
- From 1992 to 1999, Kalam was Scientific Adviser to the Prime Minister.
- He always used to wake up in the early morning at 4:00 Am.
- He was also given the Youth Icon Award
- The Great Scientist, Missile man of India was passed away on 27th July 2015, at Shillong, Meghalaya, India because of the Heart attack.
- Kalam taught Information Technology at the International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad and also taught technology at Banaras Hindu University and Anna University.
- The controversy of placing the Bible and Quran near late president APJ Abdul Kalam’s statue, A pro-Muslim group leader had come up with a shocking statement claiming that Abdul Kalam was not even a Muslim.
Award and Achievements:
- In 2014, A.P.J Kalam received Doctor of the Science Edinburgh University award.
- In 2012, Kalam received Doctor of the laws Simon Fraser University.
- In 2011, He honored with the IEEE membership.
- In 2008, Kalam received the Doctor of the Engineering Nanyang Technology.
- In 2000, He received Ramanujam award from Alwars Research Center.
- In 1998, He received Veer Savarkar award from Government of India. In 1997, He received Indira Gandhi award for National Integration from Indian National Congress, and Bharat Ratna award from Government of India.
- In 1990, He received Padma Vibhushan award from Government of India.
- In 1981, He received Padma Bhushan award from Government of India.
What Can We Learn From A.P.J Abdul Kalam???
Work calmly and silently, you will get more results and achievements in your life.never go fast in any work. if you go fast you will be failed.