A.R Rahman, His real name is A. S. Dileep Kumar is Indian songwriter, music producer born on 6 January 1967, In Madras, India.
His father R. K. Shekhar, who was the film-score composer and also conductor of Malayalam and Tamil songs. His mother was Kareema Beegum. Rahman has 4 siblings including him, whose names are, A. R. Reihana, Fathima Shekhar, Ishrath Qadri. He comes from musically rich Tamil family. At the young age, Rahman used to visit the studio with his father. At age 4, He started learning Piano. when he was Nine years old, his father died. Rahman converted to Islam, His mother family religion, After a series of family crises, and then he had known as Allah Rakha Rahman ( A.R. Rahman).
Rahman is married to Saira Banu. They have three children, Rahima, Ameena, and Khatija.
He started his musical training under Master Dhanraj. At the age of 11, He playing the orchestras of Malayalam composer M. K. Arjunan. As soon he began working with other composers such as Zakir Hussain, L. Shankar, and other world tour and obtained a scholarship from Trinity College London to the Trinity College of Music. He graduates with a diploma in Western classical music from the school.
His career was started with a composition in jingles, advertisements, documentaries, etc. In 1987, He got the first break in musical career. After two years, Rahman started a small music studio in a backyard of his home with the name Panchathan Record Inn. after sometimes, Rahman met the finest director of India, He heard some music of Rahman and he impressed from him, He signed Rahman for music composition in his movie Roja. This film gave wide success to Rahman. After this composition, many directors offer him for music composition in various films. His first Hindi movie was Rangeela. After massive response to the movie, He started composition in albums for various Hindi movies such as Bombay, Dil Se, Taal, Lagaan: Once Upon Time in India, Rockstar, and many others.
He showcased his music to the world audience. He performed in Singapore, Malaysia, United State, United Kingdom, Dubai, Australia, Canada, and India. Rahman was involved in non-film projects. Vande Mataram, An album of original compositions released for India’s 50th anniversary of its independence in 1997, which was one of the best Hindi album songs. In 2006, He launched his own music label with the name KM music. He had researched in Chinese and Japanese classical music before composing music. His first Hollywood movie was Couples Retreat. The song Jai Ho and O Saya. Gaves him classical success Internationally.
- He wanted to become an engineer.
- His the first salary was 50 rs earned for operating a record player.
- He does not celebrate his birthday in grandeur way.
- He is the first Asian to won 2 Oscars in the same year.
- Rahman was nominated five-time for Oscar.
- After his father’s death, He converted to Islam.
- He is also known as a multiple Oscar winner of India.
- A.R. Rahman loves his fans, some of his audience left mid-way because Rahman performed Tamil song, In London Wembley.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2014, He received the Vijay Filmfare award.
- In 2012, He received the Zee Cine, Filmfare, and IIFA awards.
- In 2010, He honored with the Padma Bhushan award.
- In 2009, He won the 2 Oscars, Filmfare and Golden Globe award.
- In 2000, He honored with the Padma Shri award.
What can we learn from Him??
He believed that simplicity is the real ornament. Respect your parents.Always be humble, be honest and live simple.