The world famous Indian actor Amitabh Harivansh Rai Bachchan was born on 11 October 1942 in Uttar-Pradesh, India.
Father Harivansh Rai Bachchan was Srivastava Kayastha Awadhi Hindu. He was Well Known Awadhi Hindi poet. He died in 2003. Mother Teji Bachchan was Khatri Kshatriya Punjabi Sikh. She has died in 2007. His Brother name is Ajitabh Bachchan.
In 1973, Amitabh Bachchan Got Marriage with Jaya Bhaduri who is also a film actress. They met each other on the set of Guddi and fall in love with each other. Abhishek Bachchan who is the son of them. Shweta Bachchan Nanda who is the daughter of them. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan who is the daughter in low of them.
Bachchan started his education at Jnana Prabodhini Boys High School, Allahabad. After his school education, he went Sherwood College, Nainital. After some time he turned into Kirori Mal College to complete his Bachelor of Science which is in New Delhi, India.
Bachchan was rejected because of his voice and not having a “camera perfect face”. At that time he had been very disappointed. His first stint in the movie world was his role as a voice narrator in the Bhuvans home. In 1969, Bachchan Started his Film Career from Saat Hindustani Movie. This Film was his First Acting role film.
In 1971, He played the role of a cynical doctor in Anand Movie. In 1973, He played the role of Inspector Vijay Khanna in Superhit film – Zanjeer. After this film, He got the nickname “Angry Man”. After Zanjeer, He appeared in Serval films like Deewar, Sholay, Kabhi-Kabhi, Mr. Natvarlal, The Great Gambler, Amar Akbar Anthony. He got the fee of 1 lakh for the role of Jai in Sholay movie. He suffered the injury while filming coolie movie at the University campus in Bangalore on 26 July 1982. He followed by serval successful family dramas like Rishtaa, Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, and Baghban. He also starred in several critically movies like Khakee, Dev, and Black.
In 1984, He took a break from acting and entered politics to support his friend Rajiv Gandhi. In 1994, After Insaniyat film Failure, He didn’t appear in any film for 5 years. In 1996, He opening his film production company ” Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Limited” (ABCL). In 2002, He debuts on television with the game “Kaun Banega Crorepati” (KBC).
He is the 1st Asian Actor, whose statue was modeled at the Madame Tussauds Museum, London in June 2002.
Some unknown facts:
- His first salary was 300rs
- His actual surname was Shrivastava.
- Sunil Dutt signed him for a mute’s role in Reshma Aur Shera.
- Before his first superhit film Zanjeer, He gave 12 continuously flop films.
- He was one of the Judges for the 1995 Miss World Beauty Pageant.
- Amitabh has played more double roles in movies than any other actor.
- He can write with his both hands.
- He quit drinking since the 1980s.
- In 2002, Bachchan had made a UNICEF goodwill ambassador for the Polio Eradication Campaign in India.
- Bachchan was the face of the ‘Save Our Tigers’ campaign that promotes the importance of tiger conservation in India.
- Miss India world Sayali Bhagat accuses Amitabh Bachchan, Shiney Ahuja, and Sajid Khan of sexual harassment in 2011.
- Film actor Kader Khan told in 2010 in the television interview that “Amitabh Bachchan was High on Power” after he became a member of the Parliament.
- Shatrughan Sinha, who worked with Amitabh in films like “Dostana” and Kala Patthar. He accused that Amitabh Bachchan felt insecure in his presence.
- A politician Amar Singh, Who was the close friend had called Amitabh Bachchan “Greedy”.
Awards and Achievements:
- He received his first Filmfare award for best supporting actor in film “Anand” In 1971.
- He won his 1st National film award for the best actor for his role of Mafia Don in the film “Agneepath”.
- In 1984, He received Padma Shri award.
- He received Filmfare Lifetime Achievement, National Film in 1991.
- He Received Filmfare award in 1992.
- In 2006, He received Filmfare award, Stardust Award, Zee Cine award, Star Guild award, IIFA award.
- In 2007, Amitabh received National Filmfare award.
- In 2010, Bachchan received Filmfare award, National Film award, Stardust award, and IIFA award.
- In 2015, He awarded a Padma Vibhushan.
- In 2016, He received National Film Best Actor award.
What can we learn from Amitabh Bachchan?
Never disappointed when you fail, believe in yourself and go ahead.