Anupam Kher, He is an Indian actor who is appeared in more than 500 Hindi films and some English or Tamil Films, Born on 7 March 1955 in Shimla. He comes from Kashmiri Pandit family.
His father Pushkar Nath Kher was a clerk with the forest department and mother Dulari, a housewife. His brother Raju is also an actor.
Anupam Kher first married to Madhumalati and they divorced. Then He is married to Bollywood actress Kirron Kher since 1985. They have one son, Name is Sikandar Kher. He is an actor.
He had received the education from the D.A.V school in Shimla. Anupam Kher completed his Graduation in Theatre Drama from National School of Drama, New Delhi, India.
He made his acting Debut from the Hindi movie Aagman in 1982. In 1984 came Saaransh film, Where 28-year old Kher played a retired man who has lost his son. He had played many comic roles but has also played the villain roles in many films. He started work with Shahrukh Khan in many films like “Darr”, ” Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge “, “Chahat”, “Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai” and many other.
In 2005, He produced and starred in the film “Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara”. Kher had written and starred in a play about his own life called Kuch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai, which was directed by Feroz Abbas Khan. In 2007, Kher started a film production company with Satish Kaushik Karol Bagh Productions, and the first film was Tere Sang, Which was directed by Satish Kaushik. He also starred in Marathi films like oda Tuza…Thoda Maza, Kashala Udyachi Baat and also work in Punjabi films such as Yaraan Naal bahaaraan. In 2014, Kher worked in the British film Sangram, Which was a fictional romantic drama based on the factual and historical events of the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War.
He also worked as a host on the television show ” Sawaal 10 Crore Ka” in 2001.
- In his struggling days as an actor in Mumbai, He had slept on railway platforms.
- He is the only actor who won the Filmfare award for best performance in a comic role 5 times.
- Anupam Kher lead the foundation of acting school in the year 2005
- Anupam Kher is the chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification and National School of Drama.
- Currently, He served as Chairman at Actor Prepares.
- Kader Khan said he’s glad he didn’t get Padma award after seeing the ‘flatterers’ who made the list this year. and Khan said Anupam Kher do not deserve Padma Award.
- Ever since Kangana Ranaut and Karan Johar’s talk on Koffee with Karan, ‘nepotism’ seems to become the buzzword in Bollywood, Anupam Kher, who claims to talk about nepotism would require him to take either Kangana’s or Karan’s side and that’s something he is trying to avoid.
- Countering the protests by writers and artists against “rising intolerance”, Bollywood actor Anupam Kher led a march to Rashtrapati Bhavan alleging that the “award-wapsi” campaign was to defame the country by projecting a “wrong” picture of the situation.
- In 1990, He received the Award for Best Performance for the film of Daddy.
- In 2001, He received the Real Life Hero Award at the Zee Gold Hindi Cinema Awards.
- In 2004, He received Padma Shri by the Government of India for his contribution to Indian cinema.
- In 2013, He received the Outstanding Achievement in Cinema award at The Asian Awards.
- In 2016, Kher awarded by Padma Vibhushan by the Government of India.
What can we learn from Him???
Never disappoint, When you fail, Believe in yourself and go ahead.