Arvind Kejriwal is born on 16 August 1968, In Siwani, Haryana, India, Who is an Indian politician and current 7th Chief Minister of Delhi.
His father name was Gobind Ram Kejriwal, who was an electrical engineer. His mother name was Gita Devi. He has three siblings including him. He comes from upper-middle-class family.
In 1995, He married to Sunita, a 1993 batch IRS officer. In 2016, She took retirement as Commissioner of Income Tax in the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal. They have two children, son name is Pulkit and Daughter name is Harshita.
He completed his education at campus School in Hisar. In 1985, He gave the IIT-JEE exam and scored All India Rank of 563. He completed his graduation in Mechanical engineering at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. Then he went to Calcutta for civil service examination.
after completing his graduation, He joined the Tata Steel in Jamshedpur. In 1992, He resigned because of his civil service examination. After qualifying through the civil service examination, he joins the Indian Revenue Service. In February 2006, He had voluntarily resigned from the IRS as Joint Commissioner in Income Tax Department. After voluntary resignation from a job, He founded Parivartan, a Delhi-based citizens’ movement which works on ensuring a just, transparent and accountable governance. In December 2006, He also founded the NGO Public cause research Foundation. On October 2, 2012, He established his own political party named Aam Adami Party (AAP). In this Kejriwal was elected as party’s National Convener. There was a rift between Anna Hazare and Arvind Kejriwal after the establishment of AAP. After Chaudhary Brahm Prakash who became the chief minister at the age of 34, Kejriwal had sworn in as the second-youngest chief minister of Delhi on 28 December 2013. On February 14, 2014, he resigned the post of Delhi CM.
- He is the huge fan of the Hindi film actor Aamir Khan.
- He loves to watch comedy film in his spare time.
- He is pure vegetarian.
- He is the youngest Chief Minister of Delhi.
- In 2015, In Delhi Assembly Election, Kejriwal won the 67 of 70 seats. Leaving the BJP with three seats.
- AAP government in Delhi had claimed to give cabinet posts to politicians possessing with fake educational degrees. Some of them are MLA Bhavna Gaur, former Law minister Jitender Singh Tomar, and AAP MLA Surender Singh.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2005, He received the Satyendra K Dubey memorial award at IIT Kanpur.
- In 2006, He received the Roam Magsaysay award for emergent leadership.
- In 2011, He won the NDTV Indian of the year award along with Anna Hazare.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Arvind Kejriwal, Learning is never ending process so never stop to learn new things.