Asha Bhosle, Who is India’s greatest playback singer born on 8 September 1933, In Sangli, British India.
Her father name was Deenanath Mangeshkar, who was an actor and classic musical singer on Marathi stage. Her mother name was Shevanti, who was the second wife of her father. Asha has Four siblings including her. At the age of Nine, after her father’s death, her family moved from Pune to Kolhapur to Mumbai.
At the age of 16, Asha eloped with 31 years old Ganpatrao Bhosle and married him. They have three children. in 1960, They divorced. After some years, She married Rahul Dev Burman.
After coming to Mumbai, She sang the first song for the Marathi film. In 1948, She made her Hindi film debut from the song “Saawan Aaya” for Chunariya film. In the 1950s, Asha sang more songs than most playback singers in Bollywood. O.P Nayyar was selected Asha in CID. In 1957, After the Naya Daur movie, she achieves the more success. she sang many songs in partnership with other Bollywood singers like O.P Nayyar, Khayyam, Ravi, Sachin Dev Burman, Rahul Dev Burman, A.R. Rahman, Sankar Jaikishan, Anu Malik, and other composers. Music Composer Ravi considered Asha one of his favorite singers.They worked with together in some movies like Gharana, Grihasti, Kajal, and Phool Aur Patthar. Ravi and Asha recorded the variety of comedy and the popular funny duet with Kishore Kumar. The Bhajan “Taaron Ka Darpan” which was Asha’s best song. Asha and S.D Burman worked in many movies like Kala Pani, Kala Bazar, Insaan Jaag Utha and many other movies. She sang “Zindagi Ek Safar Hai Suhana” for Sankar Jaikishan. Asha also sang in Mera Naam Joker movie. Music composer Madan Mohan composed several songs with Asha Bhosle including Jhumka Gira Re song from Mera Saya movie. Asha also has sung ghazals for many albums like Meraj-E-Ghazal, Aabshar-e-Ghazal, and Kashish.
- At the age of 16, Asha Sang her first song for the movie Raat Ki Rani.
- She is the first Indian singer who nominated for Grammy Award.
- She loves to cook, she is the great cook.
- In 2011, Asha Bhosle had been acknowledged officially by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most recorded artist.
- She sang over 12,000 songs.
Awards And Achievements:
- In 1968, She received the Filmfare award.
- In 1986, She won the National Film Award.
- In 1996, She won the special award for Rangela.
- In 2001, She received the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.
- In 2002, She won the IIFA award for best female playback singer for the Lagaan movie.
- She was honored with the Padma Vibhushan by Government of India.
What can we learn from her??
Like Asha Bhosle, Always think positive and believe in yourself. Always be ready to learn. Never say no to learn new things.