Bill Gates the son of William H. Gates and Mary Maxwell Gates and co-founder of the Microsoft Corporation was born on 28 October 1955, in Seattle, United States.
His family having rich business, political and communication services background. His father was a lawyer, Mother served on the board of directors for first interstate BancSystem and the United Way. His grandfather was vice president of a national park and his great-grandfather was a state legislator and a mayor. Bill Gates has one elder sister Kristi Gates and one younger sister Libby.
In 1994, Gates got married to Melinda French. Jennifer Katharine Gates, Phoebe Adele Gates, Rory John Gates are their Children.
Bill Gates started his school education from the lakeside school, Where he developed an interest in computing. He wrote his first software program on the school computer at the age 13. In high school, Along with his Some friends had computerized their school’s payroll system. In 1973, Gates graduated from high school. He was a National Merit Scholar and scored 1590 out of 1600.
In 1975, Bill Gates and his high school friend Paul Allen founded Microsoft. In the beginning, They started with BASIC, a popular programming language use on Microsoft computers. Then, They developed a Programming language for a various software system. When Microsoft Operating System became very popular, Company introduced an operating environment named Windows on November 20, 1985.
In 1989, Microsoft introduced Microsoft office package. This package including some applications like Microsoft Word, Excel. which is compatible with all Microsoft Product. At that time Bill Gates met his future wife Melinda French, Who was Working at Microsoft. In 1999, He denoted US$20 million to the MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technology) to the construction of the computer laboratory. The named of that laboratory is “William H. Gates Building” in his honor.
In January 2000, Gates become a CEO of Microsoft the position as a chairman. He created his new position of Microsoft architect for himself. In February 2014, He stepped down as a chairman of Microsoft and now he serves as a technology advisor to support CEO Satya Nadella.
Unknown Fact About Bill Gates:
- His childhood nickname was ‘Trey’.
- He wrote his first computer program for a tic-tac-toe game.
- He doesn’t know any foreign languages.
- If Microsoft had failed to work out, he would have been a researcher for artificial intelligence.
- His all-time favorite book is “Business Adventure”, Written by John Brooks which published in 1969.
- In 2009, Gates and Warren Buffett were founded “The Giving Pledge”, whereby They and other billionaires pledge to give at least half of their wealth to philanthropy.
- In 1998, Gates had given deposition testimony that several journalists characterized as evasive. He argued with examiner David Boies over the contextual meaning of words such as, “compete”, “concerned”, and “we”. The judge and other observers in the courtroom were seen laughing at various points during the deposition
Award and Achievements:
- In 2002, Bill Gates and Melinda Gates received the Jefferson award for greatest public service.
- In 2010, Bill Gates received the Bower Award for business leadership from the Franklin Institute.
- In 2015, Bill and Melinda Gates jointly received India’s third highest civilian honor Padma Bhushan award
Bill Gates is Co-Founder of Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation, Microsoft Corporation, Cascade Investment, Microsoft Research.
What can we learn from Bill Gates???
If you want success you have to work hard, to get success be practical in your life, it not compulsory that school educations lead us success some time hard work lead success.