Boy George is an English singer, songwriter, and fashion designer born on 14 June 1961, In London, England.
He is the son of Jeremiah and Dinah O’Dowd. He has four brothers and one sister.
George was in secret love relationships with Artists like Kirk Brandon and Jon Moss. George said he was bisexual.
He had attended the Eltham Green School. But he did not confirm the typical image of a student. He dropped out of the school.
When George Boy was thrown out of the school, He had to do petty jobs to defend himself. Later, His flamboyant style had caught the attention of Malcolm McLaren and had joined “Bow Wow Wow”. Then George had established own band with bassist Mikey Craig, drummer Jon Moss, and Roy Hay. They had people from different ethnic cultures. They called their band “Culture Club”. This band released its first album named “Kissing to Be Clever” in 1982, and hit singles “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?”. In 1983, Band released the second album named “Colour by Numbers”. its single “Church of the Poison Mind” and “Karma Chameleon” which had become the number one in 16 countries. In 1986, He starred in an episode of television series “The A-Team”. He had played himself in this episode. The latter band released a number of albums named, “Waking Up with the House on Fire”, “From Luxury To Heartache” etc. He released his solo album, “Sold”, while he had been struggling with his heroin addiction. During the year 1988 to 1989, three of his solo album released named, ‘Tense Nervous Headache’, ‘Boyfriend’, and ‘High Hat’. During the same time, he had started his own record label named “More Protein”. In 1992, This band supposed to release the pop and world music album such as “Popularity Breeds Contempt”, but the project had not been completed and the album never got released. later he and the band released many albums such as “Cheapness and Beauty”, “U Can Never B2 Straight”, “The Twin”, “Coming Home”, etc.
- His real name is George Alan O’Dowd.
- In 1988, He tried to adhere to a macrobiotic diet after his battle with drugs addiction.
- He has around 200 hats.
- His s first two albums with his band “Culture Club”, “Kissing to Be Clever” and ‘Colour By Numbers’ made him into a famous international phenomenon. Songs like ‘Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?’ and ‘Karma Chameleon’ is still quite popular.
- In the late 1980s, He had been arrested for heroin possession.
- In 2005, He had been arrested in Manhattan on the possession of cocaine and was sentenced to 5 days of community service and 1000 US dollars in fine.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1994, He received the Grammy award.
- In 1998, He received the MTV Video Music Award.
- In 1999, He received the Grammy award.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Boy George, Focus on your career. Don’t think about people talking about you. Ignore all that types of issue.