Cristiano Ronaldo, Famous football player and one of the biggest sports stars in the world born on 5 February 1985 in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal.
His Mother Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro was a cooker and his father Jose Dinis Aveiro was a municipal gardener. He is the youngest of four children, He has one older brother Hugo and two older sisters whose names are Elma and Liliana Catia. Ronaldo grew up in a Catholic and impoverished home, He had lived in a single room with his brother and sisters.
He had never shown interest towards studies. In school time, Ronaldo was popular but he was fired because threw a chair at his teacher for having ‘disrespected’ him.
He is a semi-literate and a Masters in football. Ronaldo showed his interest towards football right for the very early age. At the age of ten, Football became his fashion. Cristiano Ronaldo had been spent most of his time on the ground either playing or practicing football. At the age of eight, He started playing for Andorinha which is Cristiano first play club. In 1995, At the age of 10, He had signed up with the local club Nacional, having started to show talent.
Cristiano Ronaldo signed with Sporting Portugal in 2001. He became the only player ever to play for Sporting’s under-16, under-17, under-18, B-team. He was also selected for Portugal’s Under 17 Team for the 2002 European U 17 championship.In 2003, Cristiano Ronaldo had been transferred to Manchester United for over € 12 million a record fee for a player of his age. He is first-ever Portuguese player in the English Club. He got a shirt with number 7, which been worn by players such as George Best, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, and David Beckham.
- Ronaldo was once arrested on charges of rape.
- Ronaldo wasn’t good enough for Liverpool.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is everything but selfish.
- Cristiano Ronaldo never wanted the number 7 shirt.
- Ronaldo became Manchester United’s first-ever Portuguese player When he had signed the 2003–04 season. His transfer fee of £12.24 million made him, At the time he was the most expensive teenager in English football history.
- In 2017, Ronaldo had been charged with fraudulently evading almost €15 million in tax between 2011 and 2014, As of September 2017, the court case is ongoing.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2004 and 2012, He won the UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament award.
- In 2006, He won the Premier League Player of the Month award.
- In 2007-08, He Received the UEFA Champions League Topscorer award.
- In 2009, He received the Ballon d’Or Silver award.
- In 2011-12, He received the FIFA Ballon d’Or Silver award.
- In 2012, He won the UEFA Euro 2012 Man of the Match award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Cristiano Ronaldo, Never settle for second best. Want to be the best you need to be committed as hell and learn to accept your mistakes.