David Bowie was an English singer-songwriter and actor born on 8 January 1947, In London, England.
He was the son of Haywood Stenton Jones and Margaret Mary Jones. His mother worked as a waitress while his father was a promotions officer for the children’s charity Barnardo’s.
In 1970, He had married Mary Angela Barnett. They had one son, Duncan. The couple had divorced in 1980. After several years, He had married Somali-American model Iman. They had one daughter.
He started his education at Burnt Ash Junior School. Later, He had moved to Bromley Technical High School.
He had formed his first band at the age of 15 and performed at local youth gatherings and weddings. He turned his bandmates quite frequently over the next few years as he struggled to get a footing in the competitive music industry. In 1967, He had released his eponymous debut album which proved to be a flop. In 1969, David Bowie received his first breakthrough When he had released the single Space Oddity. The song, Which is about the boat of Major Tom, a Fictional astronaut, reached the top five in the UK. In 1972, he had released The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars in collaboration with the Spiders from Mars Ronson, Bolder, and Woodmansey. He had welcomed the 1980s with Scary Monsters released in 1980. The album had considered very significantly in artistic terms and earned much critical acclaim. His success as a singer and performer continued throughout the 1980s with hit albums such as Let’s Dance, Tonight, and Never Let Me Down. During this time he also appeared in some films like Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence, The Hunger, and Jazzin for Blue Jean. Some of his most notable albums from this period are Outside, Earthling, Hours…, Heathen, and Reality. He last performed live at a charity event in 2006 and had gone on a long hiatus, eventually returning a decade later.
He breathed his last on 10 January 2016, Two days after his 69th birthday after suffering from cancer for several months.
- David Robert Jones was his full name.
- He had started playing the saxophone when He was 12 years old.
- He had a tea phobia.
- During the mid-1960s, He had changed his name to David Bowie in order to avoid confusion with Davy Jones of the Monkees.
- His best-known album was The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars which was loosely based on a story of a fictional rock star named Ziggy Stardust.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1985, He received the Best Music Video award.
- In 2006, He received the Lifetime Achievement award.
- In 2017, He received the Best Alternative Music Album.
- In 2017, He received the Best Rock Song award.
- In 2017, He received the Best Rock Performance award.
What can we learn from Him??
Like David Bowie, Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, and dedication.