David Rockefeller was an American Banker and CEO of Chase Manhattan Corporation born on 12 June 1915, In New York City, U.S.
He was the son of John Davison Rockefeller Jr. and his wife Abby Aldrich Rockefeller. He had five siblings, he was the fifth and youngest son of his parents.
In 1940, He married Margaret McGrath. They had six children. His wife died in 1996.
He had started his education at Lincoln School of Columbia University’s Teachers College. At there he had received his elementary as well as secondary school education. Later he had received his B.S degree in English, History, and Literature from the Harvard University in 1936. From the Harvard and London School of Economics, He had completed his post graduation in economics. In 1940, He got the award with Ph.D. in Economics.
He had worked as secretary to Fiorello H. LaGuardia, New York City Mayor and had also been assistant to the regional director of United States office of defense and Health and Welfare Services for a brief period of time. He had got enlisted to the US army post the bombing of Pearl Harbour. In 1945, He earned the rank of the captain and had got discharged from the post. In 1946, he had joined the Chase National Bank and had begun his career as a banker in the United States. In 1952, He grew up several ranks and got and held the position of Senior Vice President in the bank. In 1965, David and other businessmen Built the council of Americas to trigger and support economic integration between North America and South America. In 1969, David became the CEO and chairman of the bank.
Rockefeller live long and healthy life. On March 20, 2017, David died at the age of 101 due to heart failure.
- He had founded the Trilateral Commission.
- He was the oldest living member of the Rockefeller family.
- He loved to collect beetles.
- At the age of 99, He had successfully undergone his sixth heart transplant.
- In 2008, he had donated a massive amount of $100 million to Harvard University.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1945, He received the prestigious awards of U.S Legion of Merit.
- In 1965, He had been honored with the award of merit by the American Institute of Architects.
- In 1983, He had received the International leadership award.
What can we learn from him??
Like David Rockefeller, Always ready for learning new things, Never give up in any time or any situation.