Ellen DeGeneres is an American comedian, television host, actress, writer, and producer born on 26 January 1958, In U.S.
She is the daughter of Elliott DeGeneres and Betty DeGeneres. She has one brother Vance.
She had involved in many relationships including Anne Heche, Alexandra Hedison, and Portia de Rossi.
She had received education from institutions such as ‘Grace King High School’ and ‘Atlanta High School’. Then She had gone back to New Orleans where she joined at the ‘University of New Orleans’ as a student of communication studies. However, She dropped out of studies and joined in many jobs such as waitress, hostess, bartender, a house painter.
She had started her career in her first stand-up comedy performances had been at coffee houses and clubs. In the early 1980s, she became the ’emcee’, Master of Ceremonies at the ‘Clyde’s Comedy Club’ in New Orleans. In 1986, She had been seen at the ‘The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson’ where the host cited comparisons between her and the famous American stand-up comedian Bob Newhart. She became the first comedienne to have been invited to the talk show. In 1989, She had appeared in a sitcom ‘Open House’ which had aired on Fox channel. She had also worked in films such as ‘Ellen’s Energy Adventure’ and ‘Coneheads’. In 1992, She had worked in a sitcom ‘Laurie Hill’ where She had played a character named Nurse Nancy MacIntyre. Although the show had been covered up after four episodes, her show was appreciated and earned her a new show ‘These Friends of Mine’. In 1997, DeGeneres had openly proclaimed herself as a lesbian on ‘The Oprah Winfrey Show’. In 2003, She had worked as a voice-over artist for the animated movie named ‘Finding Nemo’. She gave her voice to the dog in the introduction of the film ‘Dr. Dolittle’. In 2009, She had worked with the company ‘Procter and Gamble’ in their cosmetic brand ‘CoverGirl’. In 2010, She had appeared in the show ‘American Idol’ as a judge.
- Her full name is Ellen Lee DeGeneres.
- She had been the voice of Dory in ‘Finding Nemo’.
- Her most famous and long-running show is ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’, which had been launched in 2003 and that show has made several ‘Emmy Awards’ in categories including ‘Outstanding Talk Show’, ‘Outstanding Talk Show Host’, ‘Outstanding Special Class Writing’.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1995, She received the People’s Choice for Favorite Actress in a New TV Series.
- In 1997, She received the Primetime Emmy for Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series award.
- In 1998, She received the GLAAD Media Stephen F. Kolzak award.
- In 2006, She received the People’s Choice award.
- In 2009, She received the People’s Choice for Favorite Talk Show Host award.
What can we learn from Her?
Like Ellen DeGeneres, Be yourself. Doesn’t matter what people think of it.