Eric Schmidt who is an American Businessman and software engineer, Executive chairman of Google and Alphabet Inc, born on 27 April 1955, In Falls Church, Virginia, United States.
He is the son of Wilson Schmidt, a professor of international economics at Virginia Tech and John Hopkins University, and his wife Eleanor.
In June 1980, He had married Wendy Susan Boyle. They had two daughters Sophie and Allison. The couple separated in 2011, but they did not divorce.
In 1972, He had graduated from Yorktown High School in Yorktown. In 1976, he had completed his B.S degree in Electrical Engineering from Princeton University. In 1979, He had earned M.S degree for designing and implementing a Network from the University of California.
Starting in his career, Eric Held a series of technical positions in IT companies. In 1983, He had joined the Sun Microsystems as a Software manager. Later he becomes the director of software engineering, Vice president, and General Manager of the software products division. After some time, He handles the positions of Vice president of General system group and the president of sun technology enterprises. In April 1997, Eric became the CEO and chairman of the board of Novell. In 2001, Eric had been interviewed by the Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin, They need an experienced person who runs the company. They founded the perfect candidate in Schmidt and they appointed him as Google’s CEO. In March 2001, Eric joined the Google as a chairman and CEO of Google. At Google, He shared responsibilities for Google’s daily operations with founders. In 2011, Larry Page replaced Eric as the CEO and then Eric continued as an executive chairman of the company. He is also a member of the president’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology.
- Eric is the major advocate of Artificial Intelligence.
- He is an Outspoken Democrat.
- He is the 119th richest person in the world.
- He along with his wife created the private foundation, The Schmidt Family Foundation.
- The couple established a University of Chicago summer school program called “Eric & Wendy Schmidt Data Science for Social Good Fellowship”.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2006, He elected to the National Academy of Engineering award.
- In 2007, He received the American Academy of Arts and science as the fellow.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Eric Schmidt, Build your own rules and follow them. Know your limits.