Floyd Joy Mayweather, Who is an American Professional boxing promoter and boxer born on 24 February 1977, In Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.
His father Floyd Mayweather Sr, who was a former welterweight contender where he fought Hall of Famer Sugar Ray Leonard. His mother-name was Deborah Sinclair, who was hopeless drugs addict.
Floyd never got married. But he engaged many women like Josie Harris, Melissa Brim, Shantel Jackson, and Abi Clarke. Floyd has 4 children, 2 sons, and 2 daughters. 3 of them his relationship with Josie Harris and one is his relationship with Melissa Brim.
He started his education at Ottawa Hills High School from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
In 1996, He had participated in the Atlanta Olympics and also won the Bronze Medal. In the same year, He fought against Roberto Apodaca, which he won. since 1998, His winning streak continues most of his fights either by knockout. 2 years later, He had won his first WBC World Championship and obtained several other titles in different weight groups during his career. In 2007, He had defeated Oscar De La Hoya for the WBC super welterweight crown. He gained more success during his struggle career. In 2010 he was the third highest-paid American athlete, which has an income of more than $60 million for the year. On May 26, 2001, Mayweather faced the first knockdown of his career in the fight against Carlos Hernandez in round six. Mayweather had finally won the fight in the 12th round. In 2004, Mayweather had made his 140-pound debut in light welterweight by defeating former titleist DeMarcus ‘Chop Chop’ Corley. Mayweather became the first fighter since Roberto Durán to had captured The Ring titles in both the lightweight and welterweight divisions. He had also captured his third lineal championship in super featherweight, lightweight and welterweight. Mayweather came out of his retirement 21 months later for fight Juan Manuel Marquez, which Mayweather winning convincingly. Subsequently, he had fought against Shane Mosley, Manny Pacquiao, and Victor Ortiz.
- His favorite movie is “Notebook”.
- He never drinks and smoke.
- His nickname is a Pretty boy.
- He had to give food to Las Vegas’s Homeless population.
- Mayweather had been made the record of 84–8 and also he won national Golden Gloves championships four times during his career.
- In 2002, Mayweather had been charged with two counts of domestic violence and one count of misdemeanor battery. He had got a six-month suspended sentence and two days of house arrest and was ordered to perform 48 hours of community service.
- Mayweather had been pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor battery charge after hitting and kicking a bouncer, After he had been got a 90-day suspended jail sentence, In 2005.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1994, He won the award for outstanding Boxer.
- In 1998, He received the award for the Fighter of the year award.
- In 1998, He received the International boxing award.
- In 2007, He received the award for the Best fighter ESPY.
- In 2012, He won the ESPY award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Floyd Mayweather, Never give up your attitude. To work hard and concentrate on your life goal.