Gene Simmons, who is Israeli – American Musician, singer, record producer born on 25 August 1949, In Israel.
He is the son of Feri Witz and his wife Flora Klein. After his parents divorced, he raised by his mother, where he changed his name Chaim Witz to Gene Simmons.
On October 1, 2011, He married his longtime girlfriend Shannon Lee Tweed who is Canadian actress and Playboy playmate. They have two children, Son Nick and daughter Sophie.
He started his education at Yeshiva Torah Vodaath, a Jewish educational Institute. At where he studied for a year before attending public school in Jackson Heights. As a middle school student, he creates a band called Lynx with his friends to attract the girls. The band won a school competition. Later he attended the Sullivan County Community College, then moved to Richmond College, New York and completed his Graduation in 1970.
After completing his graduation in 1970, He met Guitarist Paul Stanley, who shared his dreams of forming a band. Together, the men formed the band Wicked Lester in the early 1970’s. They were successful in signing a contract with Epic records, but did not release any album and left the band in 1972. They collaborate with drummer Peter Criss and guitarist Ace Frehley. In 1974, Kiss released his debut album, the self-titled ‘Kiss’. which went Gold in the U.S. They quickly followed it up with ‘Hotter than Hell’ the same year and ‘Dressed to Kill’ in 1975. In 1976, Their album named ‘Destroyer’, released, which became platinum certificate. In 1978, Simmons released his self-titled solo album in which he played electric and acoustic guitars. The band’s 1980 studio album, ‘Unmasked’ had been the last album which featured the original members Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley and Peter Criss. The members later appeared together after many years in a reunion. Kiss released several albums during the 1980’s, many of which became gold certified. These include: ‘Creatures of the Night’, ‘Lick It Up’, ‘Asylum’, and ‘Hot in the Shade’. during that period, Simmons also appearing several movies like ‘Runaway’, ‘Trick or Treat’, ‘Wanted: Dead or Alive’, and ‘Red Surf’. Over the next few years, Simmons acted in a number of lesser known movies like ‘The New Guy’ (2002), ‘Extract’ (2009), and ‘Expecting Mary’ (2010). Kiss’s most recent album ‘Monster’ was released in 2012. The album was meant to be a sequel to the 2009 ‘Sonic Boom’ and it had a sound slightly heavier than its predecessor’s. Over the past 40 years, Simmons has also made several television appearances, often in a cameo as himself.
- His birth name is Chaim Witz.
- He has never had an alcoholic drink.
- He was an elementary school teacher.
- Simmons’s biggest career success is the co-founding of the band Kiss in the early 1970’s. It is a commendable fact that the band which reached its peak during the 1970’s has survived for almost four decades and is still giving performances.
- On November 16, 2017, Simmons had made an appearance on Fox & Friends to increase a new book, but shortly after, He burst into a staff meeting uninvited, yanking his shirt and telling jokes. The next day, on November 17, Fox News announced that Simmons had been banned for life from their program.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1977, He received the People’s Choice award.
- In 2012, He received the Golden God Award.
- In 2014, He received the Golden Medal.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Gene Simmons, Don’t be afraid to fail. Take a risk to become a success in life.