Geoffrey Rush Who is an Australian Actor born on 6 July 1951, In Toowoomba, Queensland.
He is the son of Roy Baden Rush, an accountant for the Royal Australian Air Force and his wife Merle, a department store sales assistant. His parents divorced when he was five years old.
in 1988, He married to actress Jane Menelaus. They have two children, Daughter Angelica, and son James.
Rush had attended Everton Park State High School and completed his graduation at the University of Queensland with the Bachelor’s degree in Arts. In 1975, He went to Paris and studied Mime.
In 1971, Rush had begun his career with Queensland Theatre Company (QTC), and appearing in 17 productions. rush made his theatre debut in QTC production of ‘Wrong side of the Moon’. In QTC, He worked four years, appearing in some roles in Juno and the Paycock to Hamlet on Ice. His acting credits include ‘Shakespeare’s plays’, ‘The Winter’s Tale’, and ‘Troilus and Cressida’. In September 1998, He also played a little role in the Beaumarchais play ‘The Marriage of Figaro’ for the QTC. later he also appeared in some stage shows. In 1981, He made his Film debut from the Australian film ‘Hoodwink’. In the following year, he worked in Starstruck. In the next year, He also appeared in the small roles in Television dramas, such as the role of the dentist in the 1993 episodes of British Television series ‘Lovejoy’. In 1998, Rush appeared in three big films, ‘Les Misérables’, ‘Elizabeth’, and ‘Shakespeare in Love’. In 1999, He appeared as a lead actor role in the horror film ‘House on Haunted Hill’. Rush starred in some films such as ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl’, ‘Dead Man’s Chest’, ‘At World’s End’, ‘On Stranger Tides’, and ‘Dead Men Tell No Tales’. In 2010, He had played speech therapist in ‘The King’s Speech’. In 2011, He had made a cameo in ‘The Potato Peeler’.
- His full name is Geoffrey Roy Rush AC.
- He had also worked as a theatre director.
- He won the four Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- He is the youngest of few people who have won the “Triple Crown of Acting”, the Academy award.
- He is the founding of President of the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Art.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1996, He won the academy award for Best Actor.
- In 1996, He won the AACAT /AFI award.
- In 1998, He won the BAFTA award for Best Actor in Supporting Role.
- In 2004, He won the Golden Globe award.
- In 2011, He received the Helpmann Award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Geoffrey Rush, Always be Humble with all. Respect everyone. Do your work with passion.