George W. Bush who served as the 43rd president of the United States from 2001 to 2009, born on July 6, 1946, In New Haven, U.S.
He is born to George Herbert Walker Bush and Barbara Pierce. He had five younger siblings named Jeb, Neil, Marvin, Dorothy, and Robin.
In 1977, He married Laura Welch, a school teacher, and Librarian. The couple has twin daughters Barbara Pierce Bush and Jenna Welch Bush.
He had received his school education at Kinkaid School in Houston and Phillips Academy in Massachusetts. In 1968, He had completed his graduation from Yale University with B.A. degree in history and enlisted in the Texas Air National Guard from where He had been honorably discharged in 1974. In 1975, He had completed his Masters of Business Administration degree.
After completing his MBA, George W. Bush had returned to Midland and entered the oil business. In 1979, He had created Arbusto Energy and sold the company in 1986. In 1988, He had shifted to Washington D.C. to help his father in his campaign for the presidency, Which had turned out to be successful. In 1994, George W. Bush had run for the office of Governor of Texas and had won the election by defeating the necessary Governor and the Democrat candidate, Ann Richards. In 1998, He won the re-election with a big order and became the first Governor in Texas history to hold two consecutive four-year terms. His first legislative success had been the passing of the No Child Left Behind Act in 2001. The Act had been brought in to bridge the gap between rich and poor student performance and also to raise the standard of schooling being imparted. In the 2004 Presidential election, He had won 286 electoral votes and defeated Democrat John Kerry. In 2008, In the last year of his presidency, the U.S. had been hit with a difficult reputation crisis that sent the stock market into free fall and led to massive layoffs. Bush administration responded to the crisis by enacting a controversial $700 billion Emergency Economic Stabilization Act to bail out the housing and banking industries. In 2009, He left office and settled in Dallas with his wife.
- George Walker Bush is his full name.
- He is a huge fan of baseball – particularly the Texas Rangers.
- He is an animal lover.
- In 2003, He had ordered the U.S military forces to attack Iraq and the U.S. concluded that the then Iraqi ruler Saddam Hussein had been developing weapons of mass destruction. U.S forces removed Saddam Hussein and in 2005, free democratic elections had been held in Iraq for the first time in 50 years.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2000, He had been named the Person of the Year by ‘Time’ magazine.
- In 2005, He had been awarded the Order of the Three Stars.
- In 2012, He had been awarded the Order of the Cross of Terra Mariana.
What can we learn from Him??
Like George W. Bush, Do your best, try your hardest.