Hardik Pandya is an International Indian Cricketer born on 11 October 1993 in Surat Gujarat India.
His father Himanshu Pandya and mother Nalini Pandya. His father Himanshu Pandya was run a small car finance business in Surat which was closed by Himanshu Pandya and they shifted to Vadodara when Hardik was five, To give his sons with better cricket training facilities.
He enrolled his two sons Hardik and Krunal into Kiran More’s cricket academy in Vadodara.He comes from Middle-class family, The Pandya family lived in a rented apartment in Gorwa. Hardik studied at the MK High School till ninth grade before dropping out to focus on cricket. Pandya has been playing for Baroda cricket team since 2013. He played an important role in Baroda winning the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in the 2013–14 season. Hardik plays with right-hand and bowls right- arm with medium-fast.
Hardik made his T20 International debut for India against Australia on January 27, 2016, When he was 22 years old, He took 2 wickets in that match. And His second T-20 match was against Sri-lanka team at Ranchi, In this match, He goes before M.S Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh and he hits 27 off 14 balls. Pandya scored 31 off 18 balls to help India post a respectable score against Bangladesh.
Hardik made his One Day International debut for India against New-Zealand on 16 October 2016 at Dharamshala. In this match, Hardik concentrated a lot on his batting skills acquiring the role of a perfect batting allrounder. He scored 36 runs from 32 balls. On 18 June 2017, in the final of the Champions Trophy, He struck a 43-ball 76 in a losing cause, After coming in with India at 54/5 following a top order collapse. Reaching his half-century in 32 balls, He broke Adam Gilchrist’s record. Hardik also plays for Baroda in domestic cricket and Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Hardik is not only the batsman but he is a trustful batsman who leads his team in any situation to the victory. Pandya was selected in India’s Test squad as a batsman for their home series against England in late 2016. But he was left out after he injured himself while training in the nets at the PCA Stadium.
In the 3rd and the final test match against Sri Lanka at Pallekele, Pandya scored his maiden Test century and he had made the record for becoming the first Indian batsman to score a test century just before lunch.
- People often call him ‘west Indian guy from Baroda’ because of his features and characteristics.
- Hardik failed to clear 9th standard. Hence, he left studies to focus on cricket.
- Initially, Hardik was a leg-spinner but with the help of Kiran More he became a medium pacer.
- Hardik’s teammates call him “Rockstar”.
- Hardik Pandya is not coming from a financially strong family. His family had struggled to afford to take one meal a day.
- His Nickname is Hairy.
- Pandya scoring 21 off 8 balls against IPL team Chennai Super Kings and quickfire 61 off 31 balls to win the match against KKR.
- The controversy over run-out in the final against Pakistan, Because of Jadeja’s mistake Pandya was run out in ICC Champion Trophy.
- In 2017, He won the Man of the match award against Sri Lanka in test series.
- In 2017, He won the layer of the series award against Australia series.
What can we learn from him??
Like Hardik Pandya, do struggle to become a success, No One cannot get success directly without hard work.