Jack Nicklaus who is an American retired professional golfer, born on January 21, 1940, Columbus, Ohio.
He is the son of Charles Nicklaus, a pharmacist, and Helen Nicklaus.
In 1960, He married his longtime girlfriend Barbara Bash. The couple has five children.
He had attended the Upper Arlington High School. He had played basketball, baseball, and tennis through high school. At fourteen He had gained the Tri-State High School Championship. In 1961, He had graduated from the Ohio State University with a major in ‘Pre-pharmacy’, and He had planned to join his father’s pharmaceutical business after graduation.
In 1962, He had begun his professional career in golf with the PGA Tour and his first win had been at the U.S Open, where he beat Arnold Palmer and became the U.S Open champion. In 1963, He had been the winner of some of the major golf championships in the U.S – The Masters Tournament, Tournament of Champions, the PGA Championship and the World Golf Cup. In 1964, He had won six tournaments, seven runner-up titles and was also featured on the top ten players list five times. In 1965, He had been the winner of The Masters Tournament and established a new record with an aggregate score of 271. In 1966, He had been the winner of ‘The Open Championship in Muirfield’, Scotland. He had played in 22 official worldwide events that year and had won four major tournaments. In 1967, He had won his second U.S Open Title at the Baltusrol Golf Club, New Jersey. In 1970, He had won the Open Championship at the Old Golf Course at St Andrews, Scotland, and also got out successful at the Piccadilly World Match Play Championship. In 1980, He had been the winner of the U.S Open Tournament and the PGA Championship. In 1990, He had been the winner of the Senior Players Championship, where He had beaten Lee Trevino by six shots. In 2005, He had played the last tournament of his professional career at the U.S Open Championship at the St Andrews Golf Course, Scotland, where he received a standing ovation. That year He had also played his final Masters Tournament
- His full name is Jack William Nicklaus.
- The Golden Bear is his nickname.
- He had played golf on the morning of his wedding.
- He had been listed at # 1 in the list of “Most Powerful People in Golf” for a record sixth constant time by Golf.inc Magazine.
- He became the first player to win the Masters championship following in 1965 and 1966 and also had the youngest two-time and three-time winner.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1978, He received the Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year award.
- In 1980, he received the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year award.
- In 2001, He received the ESPY Lifetime Achievement.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Jack Nicklaus, Everyone to do struggle in their life. If you want to become a success, you have to work hard.