Jackie Chan, Hong Kong Martial art actor born on 7 April 1954, In Victoria Peak, Hong Kong. He also knows as a film director, producer and famous for his acrobatic fighting style, and innovative stunts.
His parents were Charles and Lee-Lee Chan. His father served as a head cook for the American Embassy.
In 1982, Chan married to Taiwanese actress Lin Feng-jiao, who also know as Joan Lin. They have one son Jaycee Chan, who is an Actor and singer.
Chan entered in the Nah-Hwa Primary School on Hong Kong Island. but where he failed in his first year. After he dropped out from school and his parents moved to Canberra, Australia, At where, Chan went to China Drama Academy, Peaking Opera School which run by Master Yu Jim-yuen.
He started his career by appearing in the small role at the age of five. At the Age eight, He worked in the film ” Big and Little Wong Tin Bar” with Li Li-Hua. In 1978, Chan became successful after his film “Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow”. After Chan Appeared in Drunken Master, which helped him to establish himself as a rising star of the industry. Later, He worked in many films such as “Spiritual Kung Fu”, “The Fearless Hyena “, “Half a Loaf of Kung Fu” all these films are successful on Box-office. In 1980, After with his success, He tried to enter in American Film Industries, His first Hollywood movie is “The Big Brawl”. But he was not given mainstream role in Hollywood, He went back to home country. Chan became a super-star after his super-hit two films,”The Young Master” and “Dragon Lord”. After giving super hit films, he starred in many other super hits films such as, “Project A”, “Armour of God”, “Wheels on Meals”, and “Lucky Star”. Chan produced many of Action comedy films with his Drama school friends Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao. In 1998, Chan starred in Hollywood movie “Rush Hou”, which was the huge hit on box-office. From the year 2000-2005, Chan gave his voice to the cartoon, “Jackie Chan Adventures”.
In 2004, He worked in the film named “Around the World in 80 Days” which gave the more success on the box-office. In 2007, Chan starred in the sequel of Rush Hou of Rush Hou-3, which grossed over 258 million US dollar. His 100th movie “1911”, was released on 26 September 2011. He worked in his own production film “Skiptrace” which released in 2016. He worked in Kun fu Yoga film with Hindi film actor Sonu Sood in 2017.
- His original name is Chan Kong-sang.
- His body is full of injuries.
- Chan sings and had 20 albums to his credit.
- His parents left him as a child.
- In 1980 and 1982, He launched his two directorial ventures, “The Young Master” and “Dragon Lord”.
- Chan claimed he was born in poor family, even when he was born his parents offered to sell him to British Doctor, and who delivered him.
- He had an affair outside his marriage with women whose named Elaine Ng Yi-Lei, They had a daughter named Etta.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1993 Golden Horse film festival, He won the best actor award for his role in the film “Police Story 3: Super Cop”
- In 1995, He received the MTV Lifetime Achievement award.
- In 2000, He received the IIFA Special award.
- In 2003, He won the Kids Choice award.
- In 2005, He won the Hong Kong film award and Golden Rooster award. and also won the Outstanding Contribution to Chinese Cinema award.
What can we learn from him???
Like Jackie Chan, Build up your life’s Goal, Belief in yourself, Never lose your hope. Be passion to learn any new things.