Jasprit Bumrah is an Indian cricketer who plays as a right-arm fast bowler for the Indian national cricket team born on 6 December 1993, In Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
He is the son of late Jasbir Singh Bumrah and Daljit Kaur. His mother is School Principal. He has one sister Juhika Bumrah, Who is a teacher. His father was Industrialist. He comes from Punjabi Sikh Family.
He received his school education at Nirman High School from Ahmedabad.
Jasprit made his debut in the IPL for the Mumbai Indians after being noticed for his bowling attack while playing for his home state of Gujarat. In 2013, In his debut, IPL Jasprit had scored 3 wickets giving just 32 runs against Royal Challengers Bangalore. On 27 January 2016, He had made his T20I debut against Australia. In January 2017, In the second match of the T20I series of England’s 2016 – 17 India tour, Bumrah had played a significant role in India’s win. He had made his Test debut for India against South Africa at Newlands in Cape Town on 5 January 2018. On the 3rd Test Match of India Tour of South Africa 2017-18, at Johannesburg, Bumrah had taken his maiden five-wicket catch in Tests, with figures of 5 – 54 from 18.5 overs.
- His full name is Jasprit Jasbir Singh Bumrah.
- Bumrah lost his father at the age of 7.
- Sri Lankan legend Lasith Malinga has helped him refine his yorkers and bouncers.
- He had become India’s 290th player in Test Cricket by playing the first Test against South Africa. He picked AB Devilliers as his first wicket.
- On the Boxing Day Test of India Tour of Australia 2018, Bumrah took his 3rd five-wicket haul in Tests, on the 3rd day, with career-best figures of 6-33, to cover up Australia’s first innings on 151. By doing that, He also became the first Asian bowler to take five-wicket hauls in Australia, England, and South Africa in the same record year
- In June 2017, The Jaipur Traffic Police used a hoarding of Bumrah’s no-ball to Pakistan’s Fakhar Zaman in the ICC Champions Trophy final to raise traffic awareness. When he had shown it, he used his Twitter account to show her displeasure for using his picture as a meme.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2018, He named as the Test Bowler of the year.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Jasprit Bumrah, Always take enthusiasm in your work. Always be careful to take any step.