Jeffrey Preston Bezos, who is an American Business entrepreneur and best known as the founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Amazon.com, the world’s largest shopping retailer is born on January 12, 1964, in Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.
He is a son of teenage mother, Jacklyn Gise Jorgensen and his biological father Ted Jorgensen. His mother Jacklyn re-married to Cuban immigrant Mike Bezos when Bezos was 4 years old. after his Mother second marriage, His family moved to Houston, Texas, where Mike worked as an engineer for Exxon.
In 1993 he Married to MacKenzie Tuttle. They have 4 children.
Jeff starting his elementary school education at River Oaks elementary school in Houston. After some years, His family moved to Miami Florida, where he completed his high school education from Miami Palmetto high school. When he was in high school, He attended the student science training program at the University of Florida. He was the National Merit scholar. In 1986, He graduates from Princeton University with Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering and computer science. At Princeton, he worked as a president of Princeton chapter of the Students for the Exploration and Development of Space.
After completed his graduation, He found several firms on Wall Street including Fitel, Bankers trust, and the investment firm D.E Shaw & Co. At that time he met his future wife Mackenzie and became the company’s youngest vice president in 1990.
While his career in finance extremely good, he wanted to take a risk in the e-commerce field. He left his job in 1994. On July 5, 1994, He found Amazon. In starting he established a company in his garage with few employees and starting to developed software. He gave a name from the South American River. Amazon went public in 1997. After two years later, the start-up not kept-only, but also outpaced competitors, becoming an e-commerce leader. In 1998, Bezos continued to different Amazon’s offers with the sale of CDs and videos. After clothes, toys, electronics and more with a retail partnership.
In 1998, Bezos was one of the first stakeholders in Google who invested $250,000. In 2000, He founded the Blue Origin, a human spaceflight startup company. The company was kept secret for few years. It becomes a publicly known in 2006 when it purchased a sizeable aggregation of land in west Texas. On August 5, 2013, Bezos announced that he purchase The Washington Post for $250 million in cash, Amazon.com was not to be included. In March 2014, He made his first significant change in the Washington Post and lifted the online paywall for subscribers of a number of a U.S local.
His net-worth till October 2017 is US$93.1 billion.
- Jeff is a big fan of Star Trek.
- His current home a previously museum.
- Amazon customers can email him directly in case of any problem.
- Jeff is the owner of the Washington Post.
- Bezos and his wife personally donated $2.5 million to support a same-sex marriage referendum that successfully passed in Washington, In July 2012.
- In May 2014, Bezos was named World’s Worst Boss by the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC), at their World Congress.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2008, Bezos was awarded an honorary doctorate in Science and Technology from Carnegie Mellon University.
- In 2011, The Economist gave him an innovation award for Amazon Kindle.
- In December 2012, He got Gold medal Award, Because Amazon is the top retailer of the year.
What can we learn from him??
Like Jeff Bezos, Make your own rules and to think about for the long term. Do not afraid to make any decision.