Laila Ali is an American former professional Boxer born on 30 December 1977, In Miami Beach, Florida, U.S.
She is the daughter of famous American boxer, Muhammad Ali and his third wife Veronica Porsche Ali. she has eight siblings.
In 2000, Laila married her manager and career guide Johnny “Yahya” McClain. Their marriage ended with divorced in 2005. Later she married retired NFL player Curtis Conway in 2007. they have two children. They all live in Los Angeles.
Laila had completed his graduation from California’s Santa Monica College with a Business degree.
Before began Boxing, Laila Owned her own Nail Salon. She began her boxing career at the age of 18. In 1999, Ali made her ring debut, a High profile event owing to her popularity as the daughter of famous legend Muhammad Ali. In 2001, Laila Faced Jackie Frazier-Lyde, who is the daughter of another legendary boxer with the match receiving wide publicity given the popular bouts fought by their fathers. In 2003, Her biggest match came up, she had been in the ring where she facing her inspiration Christy Martin. Ali won the match against Martin beating the later knockout in four rounds.
In 2007, Ali gave up her professional Boxing. In her last match, she faced Gwendolyn O’Neil in South Africa, which had claimed that the match by technical knockout in the first round. In the same year, Ali participated in the famous dancing show “Dancing with the Stars”. Her performance on the show received the wide appreciation. In 2008, She appeared in the show “Celebrity Family Feud”. In 2012, She co-hosting ‘Everyday Health’ with Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca. Later she had appeared in two celebrity reality shows ‘Stars Earn Stripes’ and the ‘Biggest Loser’ both arise on NBC in 2012 and 2013 respectively.
- Her full name is Laila Amaria Ali.
- She loves cooking very much and she participated in many cookeys shows.
- In 2002, Laila wrote a book named “Reach! Finding Strength, spirit, and Personal Power.
- When she won the WBC title, She became the second woman to do after Jackie Nava.
- When she won her 2nd match, only 3 seconds were left on the clock.
- Laila Ali was arrested several times like for, stealing her mother’s car, credit card fraud, shoplifting, etc.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2012, she received the Awakening Outstanding Contribution Award (AOCA).
- She holds the number of world Boxing Champion titles in the super middleweight category.
- She holds the WBC world super middleweight title for 2005 and 2007.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Laila Ali Never give up in any situation. face your problem and tried to come out of it.