Lakshmi Mittal, who is known as Indian steel magnate currently based in the United Kingdom, born on 15 June 1950, In Sadulpur, Rajasthan, India.
Mittal Come from traditional Marwari family. His father, Mohanlal Mittal, ran the Steel business in Rajasthan. His mother Geeta Mittal, who is the Acting chief justice of the Delhi High court. He has two younger brothers, Pramod Mittal and Vinod Mittal, and has one sister, Seema Lohia.
Lakshmi Mittal married Usha Mittal. The couple has two children, Son name is Aditya and daughter name is Vanisha.
Mittal started his school education at Sri Daulatram Nopany Vidyalaya in Kolkata from 1957 to 1964. He got the graduate degree in B.Com from the University of Calcutta.
In 1976, At the age of 26, Mittal started his first steel factory PT Ispat Indo in East Java, Indonesia, Due to the shortage of steel production in India. From the 1990s, His family owned the cold-rolling mill for steel sheets and Nagpur and also owned the alloy steel plant near Pune. Now his family business widely run separately in Mumbai, Which runs by his brothers, Pramod Mittal and Vinod Mittal. Mittal established the Mittal Champions Trust, after sawing the India win one medal bronze, in the 2000 Summer Olympics and one medal Silver, at the 2004 Summer Olympics. Mittal had successfully employed Marek Dochnal consultancy to impress Polish officials in the privatization of PHS steel group, Which was Poland’s largest. In 2003, Mittal and his wife founded the University, LNM Institute of Information Technology along with the partnership of the Government of Rajasthan. In 2009, Foundation established the Usha Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Technology along with Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan. Mittal now served as CEO of ArcelorMittal, The World’s largest manufacturer of steel, based in the United Kingdom.
- Lakshmi Mittal used to sleep on mats like a kid.
- He is one of the people who arranged his daughter’s wedding reception in the Palace of Versailles.
- Lakshmi Mittal knows as King of steel.
- In 2008, Mittal donated 15 million pounds to great Ormond street hospital in London.
- In 2014, Mittal claimed that He Ignored that there was any truth to the rumor about the bid to buy “Blencathra” mountain lying in the Northern fells mountain range in Britain’s Lake District.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1996, He received the award for the Steel Maker of the Year New Steel.
- In 2004, He received the 8th Willy Korf Steel Vision Award by American Metal Market and World Steel Dynamics.
- In 2007, He received the Grand Cross of Civil Merit by Government of Spain.
- In 2008, He honorary the Padma Vibhushan by Government of India.
- In 2008, He received the Forbes Lifetime Achievement award.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Lakshmi Mittal, Always be helpful to your family. Never take attitude or ego because of your highness.