Lenny Kravitz is a Bahamian-American singer, songwriter, actor, and record producer born on May 26, 1964, In New York.
He is born to Seymour Kravitz and Roxie Roker. He is born in Russian-Jewish family.
On November 16, 1987, He had married Lisa Bonet in Las Vegas. They have one daughter Zoe Kravitz, who was born the following year. Later He linked with model Adriana Lima and the couple had been engaged to be married, but they called it off within a year.
He had started his school education at P.S.6 For Elementary School.
In 1985, He had met recording engineer, Henry Hirsch, who helped him record a demo ‘Romeo Blue’ in the New Jersey recording studio. He began working on his debut album with Hirsch for more than a year and then had gone on a tour with Karl Denson, a saxophonist for the next five years. Kravitz had signed a recording deal with Virgin Records and released his debut album, ‘Let Love Rule’ on September 6, 1989. The album had joined both the funk and rock, which had been the ‘in’ genres at the time. In 1993, He had written ‘Line Up’ for Steven Tyler of ‘Aerosmith’ and had been also cast in Mick Jagger’s album, ‘Wandering Spirit’. The same year, He had also co-operated with Al Green and Curtis Mayfield for a number of projects. In 1995, He had released the album, ‘Circus’, which went on to become a blockbuster, topping at the Billboard charts. Two of its singles, ‘Rock and Roll is Dead’ and ‘Can’t Get You Off My Mind’ became very popular. In 1999, He had released the album ‘5’. In 2008, He had recorded his latest album, ‘It Is Time for a Love Revolution’, which had been a common success. In order to promote his album, He started on a 9 city mini-tour. From 2010 to 2012, He had released the album named “Black and white America”, an album he had been working since 1997.
- He had Wrote His First Song When He Was Seven.
- Leonard Albert Kravitz is his real name.
- His album, ‘Let Love Rule’, earned gold certification and topped at the number 61 position in the United States, which became even more popular in Europe and received widespread success.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1994, He received the BRIT Award.
- From 1999 to 2002, He received the four Grammy Awards for ‘Best Male Rock Vocal Performance’.
- He had been honored with the highest cultural award in France, the ‘Ordre des Arts et des Lettres’.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Lenny Kravitz, Never mind what others say, Just do what you want and follow your mind.