Liliane Bettencourt was French heiress and Businesswoman, Born on 21 October 1922, In Paris, France.
She was the daughter of Eugene Schueller, was the founder of L’Oréal, one of the world’s largest cosmetics and beauty companies, and his wife Louise Madeleine Berthe.
In 1950, She had married Andre Bettencourt, who was Prominent French Politician. They had one daughter, Francoise.
She had joined her father’s business as an apprentice, mixing cosmetics and labeling bottles of shampoo. In 1957, She had inherited the L’Oréal Fortune after her father’s death, She had been Principal stakeholders of L’Oréal. In 1974, Her company had been nationalized after her French election. She had been exchanged almost half of her Stake for a three percent stake in Nestle S.A. She had harbored great ambitions for her company and had undertaken an extensive expansion strategy for growing her company. Later She had received the luxury beauty brand Lancome, An American cosmetic company and integrated them into her own business. Under the direction of her, Her company grew to become the one of the largest cosmetic company in the world. In 1995, She became the member of the Board of Directors until 2012.
Liliane Bettencourt died on 21 September 2017, At the age of 95.
- Her full name was Liliane Henriette Charlotte Bettencourt.
- She had lost her mother at the age of Five.
- She had been an Art Collector.
- In 1987, Along with her husband had founded the Bettencourt Schueller Foundation. That Foundation had been supported Scientific education and research, Culture and Arts, and humanitarian and social projects.
- She had been one of the principal Shareholders of L’Oréal.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2007, She had received the Black Planet award.
- In 2008, She had received the Legion of Honour.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Liliane Bettencourt, concentrate on your work. Give your 100% to your work.