Lionel Messi is famous Argentine professional football player born on 24 June 1987, In Rosario, Argentina.
His father Jorge Messi, who was steel factory manager. His mother Celia Cuccittini, who worked in magnet manufacturing workshop.
since 2008, Messi was 20 years old, He has been in the relationship with Antonella Roccuzzo, she is the cousin of his best friend Lucas Scaglia, also a football player since childhood. The couple has two sons, Thiago and Mateo.
Leo, Developed his interest in the sport at the early age. At the age of six, He joined the Rosario club. A hormonal problem, Which affected his growth. His parents were not able to afford the expensive treatment for their son. At the age 13, Messi crossed the Atlantic and try his luck in Barcelona. Messi signed to play for the Barcelona under 14s and they offered him to pay for his medical treatment. At the age 16, He made his first debut at Barcelona. At the following year, at the age 17, He was the youngest player in La Liga, In October 2004. On 24 June 2005, on his 18th birthday, Lionel signed his first contract as a senior team player.
In 2007, Messi established the Leo Messi Foundation, a charity supported to access education and healthcare for children. In 2008-2009, Messi earned himself his first FIFA player of the year award. Messi ranked as a top of the list of the world’s richest footballers by French football Magazine, In 2010. Messi scored 56th Goals for his country, The record held by Gabriel Batistuta. On 7 March 2012, Messi scored five times in a Champions League against Bayer Leverkusen. On 22 November his hat-trick scored against Sevilla, made him all-time top scorer in La-Liga.
In 2015-2016 Season, Messi opened by scoring twice from free-kick in Barcelona’s victory over Sevilla UEFA Super Cup. Messi extended his El Clásico goalscoring record including the goal being his 24th official and 25th overall.
- Messi has his own version of the hand of God.
- Even after the famous, Messi maintains a close connection with Rosario.
- Messi is the goodwill ambassador for UNICEF.
- He is the big foodie.
- Messi is one of the player in the history who won five FIFA Ballon d’Or awards.
- After winning the Argentina’s national team win a major title, He was lead the La Albiceleste to the final of 2014 World Cup, But his team lost to Germany and In 2016, second time his team lost in the final of the Copa America tournament, after this, Messi announced, He was ending his run with the national team.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2015, He won the Best International Athlete ESPY award.
- In 2013, He received the Pichichi trophy, European Golden Shoe, FIFA FIFpro World XI award.
- In 2011, He won the UEFA Best Player in Europe, Trofeo Alfredo Di Stéfano award.
- In 2010, He received the Pichichi trophy, European Golden Shoe and UEFA team of the year award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Messi, you have to fight for your dreams. There are Looks and expert’s opinion doesn’t matter in your life. It’s not all about Physical ability but it’s all about mental ability.