Madonna, who is famous American singer, songwriter and known as Businesswoman born on 16 August 1958, In Bay City, Michigan, U.S.
She is the daughter of Silvio Ciccone, worked as an engineer designer for Chrysler and General Motors, and his wife Madonna Louise Ciccone. Madonna has 7 siblings.
She had involved in many relationships with famous celebrities including Michael Jackson, Sean Penn, Dennis Rodman, and many other. On 16th August 1985, she married actor Sean Penn. They divorced four years later. On December 2000, She married to director Guy Ritchie. In 2008, They divorced. She has four children.
She had attended the institute such as ‘St. Andrews School’, ‘West Junior High’, and ‘Rochester Adams High School’. After completing her high school education she attended the ‘University of Michigan’. But she dropped out the University.
In New York, she had worked various odd jobs such as waitress, Nude art modeling, and also pursued her dance training. later she became the member at the ‘The Breakfast Club’ band, later formed a band named Madonna & the Sky. In 1979, She played role in the film named ‘A Certain Sacrifice’. In 1982, she released her first solo album named ‘Everybody’, topped the dance chart. and following year, she released the second album under her own name ‘Madonna’, that album fared well in the market and had sold out many copies. In 1984, She released her another album named ‘Like a Virgin’, which hit the music stores. This album soon became the huge success and launched Madonna as a International figure. In 1985, Madonna had worked in the film named ‘Desperately Seeking Susan’. She had also lent her voice for the number ‘Into the Groove’ in the film. In the next year, she sang the song “Crazy for you” for the film ‘Vision Quest’. In 1986-1990, She worked on several albums such as ‘True Blue’, ‘You Can Dance’, Who’s that girl’, Like a Prayer’, and also worked in several films. In 1989, she signed a contract with Pepsi, but her controversial video ‘Like a Prayer’, annulment of the contract. In 1991, Her first documentary film, “Madonna: Truth or Dare” had been released. In the same year, she had also worked in “Shadows and Frog”, and in the next year, she appeared in the A “League of Their Own” film. In 1992, she co-founded the “Maverick Records” with Warner Music group. From 1993-1999, She had engaged in many films such as “Body of Evidence”, “Dangerous Game”, “Blue in the Face”, “Four Rooms”, “Girl 6”, and many other films. She associated with several production companies and brands like “Semtex Girls”, “Hard Candy Fitness”, and “Truth or Dare by Madonna”.
- Her full name is Madonna Louise Ciccone.
- Madonna once scored $5 million bucks in the 80s’ for starring in Pepsi commercial that never aired.
- She has sold over 200 million records worldwide.
- She has won the ‘Golden Raspberry’ awards for the “Worst Actress” category as many as six occasions.
- The Pope urged people to not attend her Madonna’s Blond Ambition world tour, as she had would imitate masturbation on stage in the presence of two dancers.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1987, She received the MTV Video Music Award.
- In 1995, She received the MTV Video Music Award.
- In 1998, She received MTV Europe Music Award.
- In 1999, She received the Grammy award.
- In 2001, She received the Brit award.
- In 2012, She received the Golden Globe award.
- In 2013, She received the Billboard Music award.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Madonna, Always be happy in any situation. Never think negative, Always stay positive.