Magic Johnson is an American retired professional Basketball player born on 14 August 1959, In Lansing, Michigan.
He is the son of Earvin Johnson Sr, a General Motors assembly worker and his wife Christine Johnson, a school custodian. Johnson has six siblings.
He had involved in the brief relationship with Melissa Mitchell and has one son in 1981. In 1991, He married Earlitha “Cookie” Kelly. They have one biological son and one adopted daughter.
He had completed his high school education at the Everett High School, where he was one of the stars school basketball players and earned his nickname “Magic”. After his High school education, He joined the Michigan State University.
In 1979, He had been drafted first overall by the Los Angeles Lakers. After showing a good result in his initial seasons, He had signed 25 years, $25million contract with Lakers. In 1981-1982, He had performed well and averaged 18.6 points, 9.6 rebounds, 9.5 assists, and a league-high 2.7 steals per game. He had averaged 18.3 points, 12.6 assists, and 6.2 rebounds per game in 1984-1985 regular season and he had led the Lakers to 1985 NBA finals. He registered his career in 1986-87 seasons with averaged 23.9 points, as well as 12.2 assists and 6.3 rebounds per game. He continued to show her great performance in every game. He had scored 22.5 points, 12.8 assists, and 7.9 rebounds per game in 1988-89 NBA seasons. His life had been totally changed in 1991, He had been diagnosed HIV infection. He had publicly announced his diagnosis and retirement. In spite of his retirement, He had been chosen in 1992 summer Olympic for the US Basketball team, he had won the Gold Medal in that game. His love for Basketball made his return to the NBA as a coach of Lakers near the end of 1993-94 season. In 1995-96, He had made a come back as a player and joined the Lakers.
- He has his own video game.
- His real name is Earvin Johnson Jr.
- His mother doesn’t like her nickname “Magic”.
- He is a big music lover
- He founded the Magic Johnson Foundation, an organization which dedicated to combat HIV/AIDS.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1980, He received the Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player award.
- In 1987, He received the NBA Most Valuable Player award.
- In 1989, He received the All-NBA Team award.
- In 1990, He received the NBA All-Star Game Most Valuable Player award.
- In 1993, He received the Grammy award.
- In 2003, He received the BET Humanitarian award.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Magic Johnson, focus on your goal. Never trust blindly on anyone.