Manny Pacquiao, who is Filipino professional boxer and politician born on 17 December 19778, In Kibawe, Bukidnon, Philippines.
He is the son of Rosalio Pacquiao and his wife Dionesia Dapidran-Pacquiao. He has three brothers Bobby Pacquiao, Domingo Silvestre and Rogelio Pacquiao and two sisters, Lisa Silvestre Onding and Isidra Pacquiao-Paglinawan. His parents separated when Manny was in six class.
Manny married Maria Geraldine “Jinkee”. They have five children, three sons, Michael Pacquiao, Emmanuel Pacquiao Jr and Israel Pacquiao, and two daughters, Mary Divine Grace and Queen Elizabeth.
He completed his elementary school at Saavedra Saway Elementary School from General Santos City. He enrolled in the Notre Dame of Dadiangas University from his hometown General Santos City to earn the degree in Business Management.
At the age of 14, He left his house, because his mother had not enough money to support her family. he moved to Manila and He had made to the Philippine national amateur boxing team. He had an amateur record of 64 fights. At the age of 16, He decided to pursue a career in professional boxing. On January 22, 1995, at the age 16, Pacquiao has made his professional debut in a four-round bout in the light flyweight division against Edmund “Enting” Ignacio and had also won. In December 1998, He won against Chatchai Sasakul of Thailand and earned the World Boxing Council (WBC) flyweight title. On June 2001, He faced Lehlohonolo Ledwaba to win the International Boxing Federation junior flyweight title, And he won that. On May 8, 2004, Manny had faced Juan Manuel, The holder of WBA and IBF featherweight titles in Las Vegas. He had defended his WBC international title against Oscar Larios and won in July 2006. In February 2007 He had taken part, and passed, a high school equivalency exam which makes him eligible for the college education. In May 2009, He had defeated Ricky Hatton and had won The Ring’s junior welterweight title. On 2009 and 2015, Manny was recognized as ‘World’s Highest-Paid Athlete’ by Forbes magazine.
- He wanted to become the Catholic priest.
- In Tango, Manny had to climb up mountains several times for search food.
- He is a Congressman.
- He had taught himself the piano.
- His nickname is Pac man.
- Manny is the third fighter in the history of boxing who won genuine world championships in three of the original eight weight division of boxing.
- He is also ranked “The Greatest Asian fighter of all time” by boxRec.
- In 2016, Manny created a controversy by comparing homosexuals to animals, He said to people in same-sex relationship “are worse than animals”
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2004, He received the PSA sportsman of the year award.
- In 2006, He received the Ring magazine fighter award.
- In 2008, He received the Philippine Legion of Honor.
- In 2009, He received the best fighter ESPY award.
- In 2011, He received the Best fighter ESPY award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Manny Pacquiao, Never forget what your parents have done for you. Always learn something from your battle.