Mark Cuban, who is an American Businessman and Investor, and chairman of AXS TV, born on 31 July 1958, In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.
He is the son of Norton Cuban and his wife Shirley Cuban. His father was automobile upholsterer. He has one sibling Brain Cuban. He grows up in a Jewish working-class family.
He married Tiffany Stewart in September 2002. The couple has two daughters Alexia Sofia and Alyssa, and one son Jake.
He had started his school education at Mount Lebanon High School at Pennsylvania. After completing his school, he entered the University of Pittsburgh, after a year he had transferred to the Indian University in Bloomington, and obtained the Bachelor of science degree in Business Administration.
In 1982, After completing his study he moved to Texas and started working as a bartender. Later he went on to work as a salesperson of personal computer software retailer chain named Your Business Software. But, Mark had been fired from the work within a year. At that time, He founded the computer software consulting services named Micro solutions with the support of his previous customers from his business software. His company had been an early proponent of technologies such as Carbon Copy, Lotus Notes, and CompuServe. Perot System was one of the largest clients of the company. In 1990, Mark Cuban had been sold his company Micro solutions to CompuServe in a multi-million deal. In 1995, Cuban along with his Indiana University friend Todd Wagner established the Audionet – a radio company. In 2003, He and his partner Todd founded the media group named 2929 Entertainment which was co-produced a renewed version of the television show “Star Search”. In 2004, Cuban had been collaborating with ABC television launched a reality series ‘The Benefactor’, But due to a low rating that show went off the air shortly. In 2005, Cuban founded Brondell Inc, a US-based startup that made hi-tech closet seats. Cuban had also written an inspiration ebook “How to win at the sport of Business: If I Can Do it, You Can Do It”.
- As a teenager, He attended stamp collecting conventions.
- He had taught disco to Sororities in college.
- He owns a 288-foot yacht named “Fountainhead”.
- At the age of 12, He started the business that sold trash bags.
- In 2012, Mark donated money to a legal nonprofit organization in the USA.
- In 2015, He founded the technology center and Basketball court for the Indian University at Bloomington.
Awards and achievements:
- In 2011, He received the Outstanding Team ESPY award.
- In 2011, He received the D magazine CEO of the Year award.
- In 2014, He received the Primetime Emmy award.
- In 2015, He received the Primetime Emmy award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Mark Cuban, Never work with forcefully, work with passionately. Never think about winning or losing.