Mark Elliot Zuckerberg, Who is the Co-founder of Facebook and known as an American computer programmer and Internet entrepreneur born on 14th may 1984 in White Plains, New York.
His father Edward Zuckerberg, who was dentist and mother Karen Kempner, who was a psychiatrist. He has three sisters Randi, Donna, and Arielle. Zuckerberg was raised Jewish and became a Bar Mitzvah when he turned at age 13.
He got married to Melissa Chen in 2012. They started dating each other in 2003 and they started living together When she was a medical student at the University of California, San Francisco. They have a one cute baby girl whose name is Maxima Chan Zuckerberg, was born on 31 July 2015.
He started his school education at Ardsley High School where he excelled in classes. He transferred to the exclusive private school Phillips Exeter Academy, in New Hampshire in his junior year, where he won prizes in science (math, astronomy, and physics) and classical studies. Because of his best performance during high school, he got admission to Harvard University, one of the country’s top college and a training ground for innovators in science and business.
Zuckerberg started using computers and writing software in middle school. His father had taught him BASIC programming in 1990. And later his father hired software developer David Newman to tutor him privately. He was interested in computer programming and especially communication tools and game. During high school years, He worked for the Intelligent Media Group company to build a music player called the Synapse Media Player. The device used machine learning to learn from the user’s listening habits, which was posted to Slashdot and received a rating of 3 out of 5.
In the second year, He wrote a program that he called Course Match, which allows users to make class selection decisions based on the choices of other students and also help them to form study groups. In January 2004, Zuckerberg had writing code for a new Website. On February 4, 2004, Zuckerberg launched “Thefacebook”, originally located at thefacebook.com Eventually, Facebook grew into a public service that anyone could access, which helps to meet and communicate with friends and family, used to play games, most helpful to meet past colleagues.
- Zuckerberg took a computer graduate class at the nearby Mercy College while still in high school.
- He was approached by several companies with job offers before he even graduated high school, but Zuckerberg turned them all down.
- Zuckerberg has signed the “Giving Pledge” commitment, in this he promising to donate at least 50% of his wealth over the course of his lifetime.
- Like Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg has $1 annual salary as CEO of Facebook.
- In the middle of school, Mark began using computers and writing software.
- Since Donald Trump was elected President, Facebook received lots of criticism for not doing enough to identify and delete “fake news” posts from its platform. The controversy is one of several recently that have made founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s job particularly complicated.
Awards and achievements:
- In 2013, He received Crunchies CEO of The Year award.
- In 2010, He was awarded as a Time Person of the Year.
What can we learn from him??
Like Mark Zuckerberg, Do not let anyone tell the story of you and never be fazed by the opinion of others.