Michael Bloomberg who is an American Businessman and CEO of the Bloomberg L.P. Global financial services, born on 14th February 1942, In Massachusetts, U.S.
He comes from the Jewish family. He is the son of William Henry Bloomberg, who worked as the accountant for a daily company and his wife Charlotte Bloomberg. He has one younger sister Marjorie Tiven.
In 1975, He married Susan Elizabeth Barbara Brown, who came from the United Kingdom. They had two daughters, Emma and Georgina.
In 1964, After completing his school education, He entered in Johns Hopkins University and earned his Bachelor’s of science degree in Electrical Engineering. In 1966, He obtained the Master of Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School.
After completing his graduation in 1966, He had taken up an entry-level position with Salomon Brothers, a Wall Street investment bank. Over the next few years, he had worked diligently and steadily moved up through the positions. In 1973, He became a general partner at Salomon Brothers. By using the money from his severance package, he had gone on to form Innovative Market Systems, a financial-data service firm, in 1982 and he also served as its CEO. He acquired Merrill Lynch, the wealth management division of Bank of America, as his company’s first customer. In 2001, Bloomberg, a lifelong member of the Democratic Party, had decided to run for Mayor of New York City as a member of the Republican Party ticket. He had funded much of his mayoral campaign himself, spending millions from his personal fortune. On January 1, 2002, He won the election and assumed office as 108th Mayor of New York City. As the mayor, He had placed a strong emphasis on public health and welfare. He accorded top priorities to HIV, diabetes, and hypertension, and implemented a pilot program which allows for girls over 14 years old to be provided with Plan B emergency contraception without parental permission.
- He was the first openly Jewish member of Hopkins’ Phi Kappa Psi fraternity chapter.
- He had worked as Parking lot attendant in college to help his tuition.
- He loves the Nanny state.
- He supports same-sex marriage.
- Michael Bloomberg is the founded the Bloomberg L.P., a financial software, data, and media company headquartered in New York City.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2008, He received the Richard A Cook Gold Medal.
- In 2009, He received the Lasker-Bloomberg public service award.
- In 2012, He won the shorty special award.
- In 2013, He received the Tony Honors for excellence in theatre.
What can we learn from him??
Like Michael Bloomberg, Don’s listen to what other people tell you. always listen to your inner voice and follow it.