Michael Jordan, Who is an American retired professional basketball player born on 17 February 1963, In Brooklyn, New York.
He is the son of James R. Jordan Sr. and his wife Deloris. His father was equipment supervisor and his mother was worked in Banking. he has two older brothers and one older sister.
He married twice in his career. In September 1989, He married Juanita Vanoy. They had two sons, Jeffrey Michael and Marcus James. On 4 January 2002, The couple divorced. On Christmas 2011, He proposed his longtime girlfriend Yvette Prieto, who is Cuban American Model. They married On 27 April 2013. They have 3 children. one son and twins daughters.
He started his school education at Emsley A. Laney High School from Wilmington, where he showed his interest in basketball, baseball and football game.
He had tried to play in basketball team during his second year, but at 5’11” (1.80 m), he had been rejected for too short to play at that level. He had made his game-winning jump shot in the 1982 NCAA Championship game against Georgetown. During his rookie season in the NBA, Jordan had averaged 28.2 ppg on 51.5% shooting. He had appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated with the heading as “A Star Is Born” just over a month into his professional career. Jordan broke his foot in the third season and causing him to miss 64 games. Jordan had got completely recovered in time for the 1986–87 season, And he had one of the most significant scoring seasons in NBA history. He had been joined Wilt Chamberlain as the only two players to score 3,000 points in a season to averaging a league-high 37.1 points on 48.2% shooting. In the 1988-89 season, Jordan had been come again to led the league and also had scored, averaging 32.5 ppg on 53.8% shooting from the field. In 1990-91, Jordan had received the MVP award after averaging the 31.5 ppg on 53.9% shooting, 6.0 RPG, and 5.5 APG in the regular season. On 6 October 1993, He had announced his retirement. On March 18, 1995, Jordan had announced his return to the NBA through a two-word press release: “I’m back.” Jordan retired for the second time on January 13, 1999. Later he again returned to the NBA, but not as a player but as a part owner and president of basketball operation of the Washington Wizards.
- His nicknames are “His Airness”, “Magic Jordan” and “Air Jordan”.
- He never lost 3 games in a row.
- He is afraid of water.
- In 1993, During the Bulls’ playoff run controversy occurred when Jordan had been seen gambling in Atlantic City, New Jersey, the night before a game against the New York Knicks. In that same year, He had been admitted that he had to cover $57,000 in gambling losses.
Awards And Achievements:
- In 1984, He won the John R. Wooden award.
- In 1985, He received the NBA Rookie of the year award.
- In 1992, He received the NBA most valuable player award.
- In 1993, He received the Best Male Athlete ESPY award.
- In 1996, He won the Bill Russell NBA Finals Most Valuable Player award.
- In 1997, He received the NBA-All defensive team award.
- In 1999, He received the Best NBA player ESPY award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Michael Jordan, Do not fear failure, accept failure Never give up to any problem. Take passion and work hard.