Mohamed Salah is an Egyptian professional footballer who plays as a forward born on 15 June 1992, In Nagrig, Egypt.
He is the son of Salah Ghaly and his wife. He is the only son of his parents.
In 2012, He married Maggi. The couple has one daughter Makka.
At first, Salah played football for fun, but he started taking serious career opportunity when he joined the local youth club ‘El Mokawloon’ in Cairo, which was far away from his hometown and he had to change five buses to reach to Academy. In May 2010, at the age of 18, he had been finally accepted into the senior team of his club. At first, Salah mostly played as a substitute player but eventually. Later he became the regular forward in the team. In April 2012, He signed a four-year contract with Basel. He had made his “UEFA Championship League” debut in the same year and in ‘Europa League’, and scored on many important occasions to help his team reach the semi-finals, where they eventually lost. He played an important role in Basel’s 2012-2013 ‘Swiss Super League Championship’ victory, and a great performance in the Swiss Cup, where they finished runners-up. In January 2014, He joined Chelsea. In February 2014, He debuted for Chelsea Premier League against Newcastle United and had scored his first goal against Arsenal in March. In February 2015, Salah had loaned him to Italian Club named ‘Fiorentina’ which had been valid until the end of season 2015-16. In August 2015, He transferred to ‘Roma’ on loan. By the end of his first season for ‘Roma,’ Salah had emerged out as the ‘Best Player’ of the Season and also the top scorer with 15 goals. In June 2017, Salah agreed to a long-term contract with Liverpool for 50 million pounds, which had been a club record. One of his matches against ‘Watford’, he had scored 4 goals to secure a 5-0 victory to his team. During the 2018 ‘FIFA World Cup Qualifications’, He was the top scorer for his team and scored five goals. On 2nd July 2018, Salah signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool.
- His nickname is ‘Egyptian King’.
- Salah holds the best disciplinary record in the Premier League.
- He is the fan of Muhammad Ali.
- In the 2017 ‘Africa Cup of Nations’, Salah had turned out as one of the leading goal scorers and had helped his team to the finals. He also earned a place in ‘CAF Team of the Tournament.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2017, He received the Premier League Golden Boot award.
- In 2017, He received the BBC African Footballer of the Year award.
- In 2018, He received the FWA Footballer of the year award.
- In 2018, He received the CAF Africa’s finest XI award.
- In 2018, He received the African player of the year award.
- In 2018, He received the Premier League Player of the Month award.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Mohamed Salah, Always staying humble when you successful. Never stop learning.