Morgan Freeman is an American actor, producer, and narrator born on 1 June 1937, In Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.
He is the son of Morgan Porterfield Freeman and his wife Mayme Edna Revere. His father was a barber. His mother was a teacher. Freeman has three siblings.
Morgon married twice in life. In 1967, He had married Jeanette Adair Bradshaw. The couple had divorced in 1979. In 1984, He married Myrna Colley-Lee and divorced in 2010. Freeman has extramarital children.
He completed his school education at Threadgill Elementary school in Greenwood. Later he moved to Pasadena Playhouse. He completed his qualification in Automatic tracking Radar repairman in United States Air Force.
At the beginning of his career, Morgan joined the U.S Air Force, hoping to be a fighter pilot. He had been consigned as a mechanic and radar technician. In 1959, He had been quit his military career when he comes to realize that this had not been what he wanted to do. Then he moved to Los Angeles and started his acting and dancing class during the early 1960s. During the mid of 1960, Morgan had joined the Opera Ring Musical theater group and also acted with the touring company version of “The Royal Hunt of the Sun”. In 1967, He had made his Broadway debut in the play “The Nigger Lovers”, which starred Viveca Lindfors. This led to his Broadway debut in an all-black version of “Hello Dolly!”. It was also starring Pearl Bailey. His film career had started to take off only in the 1980s. Initially, He could find only small roles in films like “Brubaker”, “Eyewitness”, “Harry & Son”, and “Marie”. In 1987, He had got his first big film break, when he had been cast as the violent pimp Fast Black in the film “Street Smart”. In 1989, He played in the comedy-drama “Driving Miss Daisy”. After that, He appeared in several movies during the 1990s. He played in the “The Shawshank Redemption”, which is one of the most notable among all the films. In 2003, He had played God in the super hit film “Bruce Almighty” with Jim Carrey, Steve Carell, and Jennifer Aniston. In 2004, He played in a sports drama film “Million Dollar Baby”. He has a long list of film projects lined for the near future that includes “The Lego Movie” and “Life itself”.
- He is a big advocate for legalizing marijuana.
- He published a cookbook.
- He became a private pilot at the age of 65.
- He is known for his distinctively smooth voice which has portrayed in so many narrations.
- Morgan Freeman is the third highest engrossing actors in Hollywood.
- Morgan Freeman and her granddaughter were accused of having an affair which both denied, by saying that it is not only ridiculous but it is hurtful.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1989, He received the NAACP for the Best Actor award.
- In 1989, He received the Golden Globe award.
- In 2004, He received the Academy for Best Supporting Actor award.
- In 2009, He received the Black Reel for the Best Actor award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Morgan Freeman, Always keep smiling in any situation. Never upset in one failure.