Mukesh Ambani is well known Indian Business Magnet and known as Chairman and Managing Director of the Reliance Industries Limited born on 19 April 1957, In Aden, Colony of Aden.
He is the son of Business Legend Dhirubhai Ambani and his wife Kokilaben Ambani. Mukesh has three siblings. One brother Anil Ambani and Two sisters Dipti Salgaoncar and Nina Kothari.
Mukesh Ambani married to Nita Ambani in 1985. The couple has three children, Two sons, Akash and Anant and one daughter Isha. Isha and Akash are twins.
Mukesh started his school education at Hill Grange High School in Mumbai. After completing his High school education he received the BE degree in Chemical engineering at the Institute of Chemical Technology(UDCT), Matunga. later He entered the Stanford University for MBA degree. But he discontinued his study to help his father in family business.
After joined the business, He played the pivot role in growing the business and diversified in many sectors. He established the Reliance Infocomm Limited now called Reliance Communication Limited. This focused on Information and communication technology. In 2010, Ambani set up the world’s largest grassroots petroleum refinery which is located at Jamnagar. In December 2013, Ambani announced the Possibilities of “collaborative venture” with Bharti Airtel in setting an infrastructure for 4G network in India at Progressive Punjab Summit in Mohali. In February 2016, Mukesh Ambani-led Jio launched the 4G smartphone name LYE, which was India’s 3rd largest selling phone In June 2016.
- In 2017, By Forbes, he is 33rs richest man in the world.
- He is a busy man but every Sunday he spends with his family.
- He is vegetarian and always prefers traditional food to eat.
- Mukesh Ambani launched Reliance Jio service in India, which is offering lowest data & call rates in the world, which is helping People to connect faster and cheapest in the world of Telecom industry.
- When Reliance Jio launched, At that time Mukesh Ambani said to the prime minister Narendra Modi that Modi’s Digital India mission inspired him to serve our services to the vision of India’s leaders, to India and 1.2 billion Indians…there’s nothing political about this.”
- In February 2014, The FIR against Mukesh Ambani for alleged irregularities in the pricing of natural gas from the KG basin by alleging criminal offenses.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2000, He received the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the year.
- In 2010, He won the Business leader and Businessman of the year award.
- In 2010, He won the Global Leadership award.
- In 2013, He received the Millennium business leader of the decade award.
- In 2016, He received the Othmer Gold Medal by Chemical Heritage Foundation.
What can we learn from him??
Like Mukesh Ambani, Don’t panic in any situation, Stay strong. Trust all, But not depend on all.