Nick Cave who is famously known as an Australian musician, singer-songwriter, author, screenwriter, composer, and particular film actor born on 22 September 1957, In Australia.
He is born to Dawn Cave and Colin Frank Cave. Nick has two brothers and a sister. His father had taught English and Mathematics in a local school and his mother was a librarian at the high school.
From the 1970s to 1980, He involved in the relationships with Anita Lane. In 1991, He married Viviane Carneiro, Brazilian Journalist. They have one son, Luke. In 1996, They divorced. In 1999, He married Susie Bick. The couple has been blessed with twin sons named Arthur and Earl.
He had been sent to study in Caulfield Grammar School, which was a boarding institution. He had studied painting after high school but dropped out in 1977 to continue music professionally.
In 1977, During his high school years, He befriended Mick Harvey, Brett Purcell, Phill Calvert, Chris Coyne, and John Cocivera, together with them he had formed the band, ‘The Boys Next Door’, which later came to be known as ‘The Birthday Party’. Once Cave became bored with this theme, He had published the single, ‘Release the Bats’ in 1981, Which served as a comical parody of the ‘dark’ theme that they banked on for so many years. In 1984, ‘The Birthday Party’ disbanded. It had been during this time that two of his songs had been featured in the film, ‘Wings of Desire’. which published after three years. The band ‘Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds’ had also played a small cameo in the film. In addition to his work with the band, He had also given solo performances through the 1990s as a musician and pianist. In 1991, He had been seen acting opposite Brad Pitt in ‘Johnny Suede’. In 1996, He had released the album ‘Murder Ballads’, which highlighted the hit single, ‘Where the Wild Roses Grow’. In 2004, He wrote the screenplay for the film, ‘The Proposition’, which had premiered the following year. In 2007, He had created the band ‘Grinderman’ and had delivered their debut self-titled album, ‘Grinderman’ which had been a side project.
- Nicholas Edward Cave is his full name.
- His first band called The Birthday Party.
- He had rejected his nomination for MTV’s ‘Best Male Artist’.
- In 1996, ‘Murder Ballads’ had released by ‘Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds’, is examined one of the best albums of the band till date. That album had been their greatest commercial success till date and Cave had also been nominated for ‘best male artist’ for that year.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1990, He received the Book of the Year award.
- In 1997, He received the APRA Music Award.
- In 2006, He received the Gucci Award.
- In 2007, He received the ARIA Hall Of Fame.
- In 2012, He had been honored with the Doctor of Letters from the University of Brighton.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Nick Cave, Never retired from any situation, Never promise something that you can not deliver.