Nikki Haley is the second Indian American politician of South Carolina and 29th current United States Ambassador to the United Nations, born on 20 January 1972, In Bamberg, South Carolina, U.S.
She is the daughter of Ajit Singh Randhawa and his wife Raj Kaur Randhawa. Her father was formerly a professor at Punjab Agricultural University. She has three siblings, two brothers, and one sister. She comes from Indian American Sikh family.
She married Michael Haley, a Christian in September 1996. Michael is the Captain in the Army National Guard. Nikki identifies herself as a Christian but attended both Sikh and Methodist services.
She had completed her school education from Orangeburg Preparatory Schools in 1989. She had completed her Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from Clemson University.
After completing her graduation, she had started work for FCR corporation, which was a waste management and recycling company. Later she had joined her family business. then she became the Exotica International’s controller and also became the chief financial officer. In 2003, she had been made the treasures of the National Association of Women Business Owners. In 2004, she had become serious about her political career and she had run for the seat of South Carolina House of Representatives. In the starting, She had faced many challenges from incumbent Republican Larry Koon but she had gone to win the primary. Later she had run in the General election and she won the election. In January 2005, she had assumed an office as the member of South Carolina House of Representatives. Later she had successfully run for the re-election in 2006 and 2008. In 2009, she had announced that she would be running for Republican nomination for Governor of South Carolina. As a Governor she had supported lower taxes and In June 2011, she had signed a law cracking down on illegal immigration
- Her real name is Nimrata Haley.
- At the age 13, She had started a job.
- As a child, she had helped her family to grow her family’s clothing business.
- She converted to Christianity for Sikhism.
- Nikki Haley had been the 1st and the youngest elected governor in 2010, who had re-elected with the largest victory with the margin of 24 years history of South Carolina.
- She is the first Indian-American Governor of South Carolina.
- In June 2011, she had sparked a controversy for calling a reporter “little girl”.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2005, She received the Legislator of the year award.
- In 2006, She received the Palmetto Leadership Award.
- In 2015, She received the ambassador of the year award.
- In 2016, She received the Hyman Rubin Award.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Nikki Haley, Not be afraid of your personality which you have.