Pele is Brazilian retired professional footballer, who played as forward born on 23 October 1940, In Tres Coracoes, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
He is the son of Dondinho and his wife Dona Celeste Arantes. His father was also the footballer. Pele has two siblings, Maria Lucia Nascimento and Zeca Nascimento. He comes from middle-class family.
Pele married three times in his life. On 21 February 1966, He had married Rosemeri dos Reis Cholbi. They have three children, two daughters Kelly Cristina, Jennifer and son Edson. In 1982, They divorced. From 1981 to 1986, Pele had romantically involved in the relationship with TV presenter Xuxa. In April 1994, He married psychologist and singer Assyria Lemos Seixas, They have two twins children, Joshua and Celeste. In 2008, The couple divorced. At the age of 73, He married to 41-year-old Marcia Aoki.
Pele completed his education at the Metropolitan University of Santos from Brazil.
During his childhood, He earned extra money by working as a servant at a tea shop to help his family financially. In 1956 at the age of 15, He had joined the professional club Santos FC. In September 1956, He played his first professional game. In 1957, He played in regular games and his notable performance placed him in the National team of Brazil. In 1957, He played his first international game against Argentina. He had scored his first international goal and become a first youngest footballer to score in international football. In 1958 World Cup he made his contribution in a quarter-final, semi-final, and final, and break the number of record in this world cup. In 1960, He had scored 33 goals to inspire his team to regain the trophy. The year 1962 was the best club year of his career, In this, he had not only been guided Santos in the Copa Libertadores competition to victory but also helped the club register wins at the Campeonato Brasileiro in world cup 1962. In 1969, He had scored his 1000th goal against Vasco da Gama. In 1970, Pele participated in World Cup, which was his last world cup game, Brazil won the World Cup and Pele had been named “the player of the tournament”.
- He had made four goals on his debut.
- He is the only player who won three World Cup.
- In Brazil, He called ‘Pérola Negra’ or Black Pearl.
- His real name is Edson Arantes do Nascimento.
- Known as “The King of Football”.
- Brazilian Government announced Pele an official national treasure.
- In 1994, Pele had been appointed as a UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1970, He won the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the year award.
- In 1973, He won the South American Footballer of the year award.
- In 1982, He received the Golden Ball and Silver Ball of the year.
- In 2005, He received the BBC Sports Personality of the Year Lifetime Achievements award.
- In 2006, He won the Best Young Player of the year award.
- In 2014, He received the FIFA Ballon d’Or Prix d’Honneur.
What can we learn from him??
Like Pele, Believe in your dreams and work hard to get what you want.