Pervez Musharraf one of the most controversial political figures of Pakistan and 10th President of Pakistan born on 11 August 1943, In New Delhi, India.
He is born to Syed and Zarin Musharraf. His father Syed who had been contracted with the Government of India began working for the then newly formed Pakistan government and joined the Foreign Ministry. He has two siblings, Dr. Javed Musharraf, and Dr. Naved Musharraf.
On 28 December 1968, He married Sehba. The couple has two children, daughter Ayla, and son Bilal.
In 1959, He had been attended the Saint Patrick’s School in Karachi, later he completed graduation from Forman Christian College University in Lahore. In 1961, He had joined the Pakistan Military Academy and graduated from the same in 1964 with a Bachelor’s degree.
In 1966, He joined Special Service Group (SSG) and served the same until 1972. During his stint with Special Service Group, He had been promoted to the rank of Army Captain and then a Major. Meanwhile, In the 1971 war against India, He had served as the company commander of an SSG commando battalion. In 1987, His experience in mountain and arctic warfare helped him attain the position of a Brigade Commander for a new brigade of SSG in Siachen glacier. Later in 1990-91, He had moved to Britain to study at the Royal College of Defense Studies. Upon turning to Pakistan, He had been served as a Major General. He had almost worked with the top officials and soon became a key staff of Benazir Bhutto. In 1995, He had last served in a military field operation in Mangla before being selected to three-star rank, Lieutenant-General. In 1998, He had been specially selected by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif as the Army Chief of Staff and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, thus moving to the four-star rank. On October 15, 1999, He had announced a state of emergency and assumed power as the Chief Executive. Rafiq Tarar, then President remained in office until 2001 after which he formally appointed himself as the President. In 2004, his deputies passed a Bill according to which he had held powers both as the Chief of the Army and Head of the State. In 2006, He passed the women protection Bill under which rape victims had been given greater interest than the former law which required them to produce eye witness for the crime or face adultery. In 2010, He had created his own party, All Pakistan Muslim League and had declared himself as the party President. On March 24, 2013, He had returned to Pakistan after four years to take part in the 2013 general elections.
- He is known as Cowboy.
- He was born in New Delhi, India.
- In 2006, He had published his autobiography ‘In the Line of Fire’.
- On Friday 26 April 2013 the court had ordered house arrest for Musharraf in connection with the death of Benazir Bhutto. On 20 May, a Pakistani court had been allowed bail to Musharraf. On 12 June 2014 Sindh High Court had allowed him to travel abroad.
- On 31 August 2017, The anti-terrorism court in Rawalpindi had convicted him an ‘absconder’ in Bhutto’s murder case. The court had also ordered that his property in Pakistan be seized.
Awards and Achievements:
- He received the Nishan-e-Imtiaz award.
- He received the Tamgha-e-Basalat award.
- He received the Imtiazi Sanad award.
- He honored with the Order of King Abdulaziz.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Pervez Musharraf, If you are weak, anyone can come and kick you, so don’t live as a weak, stay strong and fight strongly.