Pete Buttigieg is an American politician and current mayor of South Bend, Indiana born on January 19, 1982, In Indiana, U.S.
He is the son of Joseph A Buttigieg and Jennifer Ann Montgomery. His father was a professor of literature at The University of Notre Dame in South Bend while his mother was a professor at Notre Dame for 29 years.
Pete Buttigieg is homosexual. In June 2015, He openly announced his sexual orientation throughout an essay. He is the first executive in Indiana to be naturally gay.
He had started his education from St. Joseph School. Later He went to Harvard University where he had been elected as the president of the Harvard Institute of Politics Student Advisory Committee. In 2004, He had received his BA in Literature and History. He had also received a first class Honors degree in Philosophy, Politics, and Economics from the University of Oxford in 2007.
After completing his graduation he started working at WMAQ-TV as an investigative intern. He had also worked as an intern for jill long Thompson 2002 congressional campaign and had also served as an adviser on her 2008 gubernatorial campaign. Then he worked as a consultant at McKinsey and Company, a management strategy consulting firm, from 2007 to 2010. He had been a candidate from the Democratic Party in 2010 for the State Treasurer of Indiana. On 8th November 2011, He was elected Mayor of South Bend. He allowed office the next year on 1st January, He becoming the youngest Mayor of any US city with at least 100,000 citizens. In November 2014, He announced that he would seek a second term as mayor. After Winning 80% of the votes he was elected as the mayor of South Bend again on 3rd November 2015.
- His full name is Peter Paul Montgomery Buttigieg.
- He loves to play Piano and Guitar.
- He is recognized for making redevelopment a top priority during his administration. One of his trademark programs is the 1000 Properties in 1000 Days.
- Buttigieg first kindled a controversy after He had demoted Darryl Boykins, the first African American police chief of South Bend, along with police news director Karen DePaepe, as they had been found to be involved in a case of taped telephone conversations between four white police officers which supposedly contained racist content.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2013, He had been named Mayor of the year by GovFresh.com.
- In 2014, He had been named a Rodel Fellow of the Aspen Institute.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Pete Buttigieg, Embrace Your Differences. Do your work faithfully. Believe in yourself. Never listen to other’s talk.