Peter Sagan is a Slovak professional road bicycle racer, who currently rides for UCI World Team Bora born on 26 January 1990, In Slovakia.
He is the son of Lubomir Sagan and Helena Sagan. His parents operated a small grocery store. He has two brothers, Milan and Juraj, and one sister Danka.
On 11 November 2015, He married Katarina Smolkova in Slovakia. They have one child Marlon was born on 25 October 2017. In July 2018, They announced their separation.
In 2009, Sagan had begun to compete professionally when he cycled for ‘Dukla Trencin Merida’, a Slovakian cycling outfit. After a few months, He had joined the team ‘Quick Step’ but failed to sign a contract. His parents supported him to return to the sport. In 2010, He had signed a two-year contract with ‘Liquigas-Doimo’. During the 2010 ‘Paris-Nice’ road race, He had won both the first and second stages. With defined effort, He had picked ahead to win the fifth stage in ‘Aix-en-Provence’. In the same year ‘2010 Tour of California’, Sagan had strongly won the fifth and sixth stages of the race. He won both the ‘Youth Competition’ and the ‘Points jerseys’ but had finished the race in eighth place. In 2011, He successfully finished his first in the ‘Giro Di Sardegna’ and had also claimed the green jersey for the most points after famously claiming the first, third and fourth stages of the race. Sagan had kept his grip on the green jersey after the ‘2012 Tour of California’. He easily won a total of five stages during the race. He had continued to win by holding his jersey at the ‘2013 Tour de Suisse’, winning the third and eighth stages. He has started off 2015 with a limited sixth place at the ‘Tour of Qatar’ but has high hopes for the rest of the year. Both Peter Sagan and his brother Juraj had signed a three-year sponsorship agreement with ‘Tinkoff-Saxo’ starting the same year.
- Peto is his nickname.
- Peter Sagan, the professional cyclist is nicknamed ‘The Terminator’
- He had won the Slovak Cup as a teen while riding his sister’s supermarket bike.
- Peter Sagan is a professional cyclist who has appeared as the highest scorer winning the green jerseys at the Grand Tours.
Awards and Achievements:
- From 2012-2014, Peter Sagan collected more points than any other bicyclist, making him the most accomplished athlete in the sport for those years.
- His expert cycling record is 61 wins, 42-second place finishes, and 21 third place showings.
What can we learn from Him??
Like Peter Sagan, Do your work with full of concentrate, Never think about other people’s opinions. Believe in yourself.