Priyanka Chopra is an Indian film actress and singer who has emerged as one of the most popular and high-profile celebrities in India and winner of the Miss World 2000 pageant born on 18 July 1982, India.
She is the daughter of Ashok Chopra and his wife Madhu Chopra. Her parents both were physicians in the Indian Army. She has one younger brother Siddharth.
Although she has been romantically linked several times with her co-actors, including Shahid Kapoor and Harman Baweja, she still maintains her single status. In 2018, She had begun a relationship with the musician and actor Nick Jonas. On August 18, 2018, She became engaged with Nick Jones, In a traditional Punjabi Roka ceremony.
She had received her education from several schools including La Martiniere Girls’ School, Lucknow, and St. Maria Goretti College, Bareilly. At the age of 13, She went to the United State and started her higher education. In the USA, Priyanka had visited schools in Newton, Massachusetts, Iowa, and New York, as her aunt’s family also moved frequently. She had turned to India and completed the senior year of her high-school education from the Army Public School, Bareilly.
In 2002, She had made her big screen film debut in the Tamil film named ‘Thamizhan’. The next year, She made her debut in a Bollywood film as the second female lead in the movie ‘The Hero: Love Story of a Spy’, With the co-star Sunny Deol and Preity Zinta. Following in 2003, She starred in the love triangle ‘Andaaz’, alongside Akshay Kumar. Her role in this movie had been noted for the glamour quotient she added to the film. In 2004, She starred in romantic comedy film ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’. which had been proved to be a big commercial success. The same year, She also worked in the thriller movie named ‘Aitraaz’, describing her first role as an antagonist and received much critical acclaim for her performance. In 2005, She performed in two successful experiments, ‘Waqt: The Race Against Time’ and ‘Bluffmaster’. Later She performed in several dramas, comedy movies such as ‘Big Brother’, ‘Love Story 2050’, ‘Drona’, ‘What’s Your Rashee’. In this movie, she played 12 character role for 12 particular Zodiacs. In late 2008, She appeared in the movie ‘Fashion’, a drama about the Indian fashion industry. In 2011, She starred as femme fatale in black comedy ‘7 Khoon Maaf’ movie. In 2012, She performed in ‘Barfi!’, besides Ranbir Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz. Her performance received rave reviews and the film proved to be a major commercial success. In 2013, aside from starring in the hugely successful movie ‘Krrish 3’. In 2014, She performed as the main lead in ‘Mary Kom’, which is a biographical film about the five-time female world boxing champion and Olympic bronze medalist, Mary Kom.
- Mimi, PC, Piggy Chops are her nicknames
- Priyanka is a successful beauty queen.
- Her acting presentation with the film, The Hero: Love story of a spy.
- Priyanka always carries candies with her.
- Priyanka Chopra is an Indian actress recognized for her work in nearly 50 films and for her breakthrough role on the American TV drama ‘Quantico.’
- After the rumors of her alleged affair with Akshay Kumar, she and Akshay Kumar mutually decided not to work together post-Waqt movie.
Awards and Achievements:
- Priyanka grabbed the Miss World Title, 2000
- In 2016, She was awarded the Padma Shri.
- In 2008, She received the National Film Award for Best Actress for the ‘Fashion’ movie.
- She has gained four Filmfare Awards in her career: Best Female Debut for ‘Andaaz’ (2003), Best Performance in a Negative Role for ‘Aitraaz’ (2004), Best Actress for ‘Fashion’ (2008), and Critics Award for Best Actress for ‘7 Khoon Maaf’ (2011).
- In 2017, She honored with Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
What can we learn from Her??
Like Priyanka Chopra, Take Risks to get ahead in life. Always be positive. Don’t limit your self to one aspiration.