Kelly, Who is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, and also retired Professional basketball player born on January 8, 1967, In Chicago, U.S.
He is the son of single mother Joanne. He has three siblings. His family lived in poverty and struggled to make ends meet.
In 1996, He married Andrea. She is his former backup dancer. They have three children. They divorced in 2009, After 13 years of marriage.
He had studied at the Kenwood Academy in Chicago’s Hyde Park neighborhood.
As a youngster, He had formed a group, MGM (Musically Gifted Men), with his friends Marc McWilliams, Vincent Walker, and Shawn Brooks. In 1990, MGM recorded and released their first single, ‘Why You Wanna Play Me’ and disbanded shortly after. In 1992, Kelly had released his debut album ‘Born into the 90’s’ with the group Public Announcement as his back-up. The album produced several hit songs and was eventually certified platinum. IN 1995, His self-titled album, R. Kelly had been come out. In 1998 He had released R, The album that would become the most commercially successful one of his career so far. His album ‘Chocolate Factory’ in 2003 had debuted at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart. It became a huge international success and over three million copies of the album were worldwide. In 2005, he had released the album named “TP.3 Reloaded ” which had become his fourth No. 1 hit on the Billboard 200 album chart. His 2007 album ‘Double Up’ had highlighted the single ‘I’m a Flirt Remix’ which peaked at No. 1 on the Hot Rap Tracks chart. In 2010, His album named “Love Letter” had been come out.
- Robert Sylvester Kelly is his full name.
- Kelly had been eight years old when he had his first girlfriend.
- His third studio album named R had gone on to become his biggest selling album to date, selling eight million copies in the US. It peaked at No. 1 on the R&B albums chart and produced the No. 1 U.S. pop hit, I am Your Angel and the No. 1 R&B hit, I Believe I Can Fly.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1995, His song, ‘You Are Not Alone’, had been named the ‘First Song to Debut the US Single Chart at Number One’ in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- He is the winner of three Grammy awards.
- In 2000, He received the American Music Award.
- In 2005, He received the American Music Award.
What can we learn from Him??
Like R.Kelly, Learn from your mistake. Think positive and never give up in any situation.