Rafael Nadal, Who is Spanish professional tennis player born on 3 June 1986, In Manacor, Balearic Islands, Spain.
He is the son of Sebastián Nadal and his wife Ana María Parera. His father is a businessman and own the insurance company. His mother is a housewife. He has one younger sister María Isabel.
Since 2005, He has been dating his longtime girlfriend, Maria Francisca.
He started playing Tennis at the age of three. At the age of eight, He won the under-12 tennis championship. At that time he also promoted football player. His uncle had learned him how to play tennis with a left hand. At the age 12, He had played and won the Spanish and European tennis titles. In 2001 at the age 15, He made his professional debut in tennis and had also participated in events on ITF junior circuit. On 29 April 2002, The world No. 762 Nadal won the first ATP match. In the same year, He won two challenger titles. At the age of 18, He became the youngest player who registers a single victory in a Davis Cup final. Nadal had also won the several Championship including ‘Torneo Conde de Godo’, Barcelona, ‘Monte Carlo Masters’, ‘Rome Masters’, ‘Dubai Duty-free men’s Open’, ‘Masters Series Monte Carlo’, ‘Masters Series Internazionali BNL d’Italia’, and many others to defeating Roger Federer in all the finals. In 2008, He had reached the ‘Chennai Open’ finals but was lost the game against Russian player Mikhail Youzhny. In 2010, He had won the ‘US Open’ against Novak Djokovic, and he had to achieve his ‘Career Grand Slam’. In 2012 in the ‘Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters’, Nadal had won against Novak Djokovic, winning his eighth trophy in a row. In 2013, Rafael Nadal had also won the ‘Brasil Open’, ‘Abierto Mexicano Telcel’, ‘Barcelona Open Banco Sabadell’, ‘French Open’, ‘Mutua Madrid Open’, and ‘Rome Masters’.
- He is the quickest player, who reach 400 wins by playing less than 500 games.
- He is the only player to win 4 French Open titles in a row.
- He is afraid of Darkness. Always sleeps with the lights on.
- He ranked World No. 1 in men’s singles.
- He won 24 matches at a teenage in 2005.
- Nadal is one of the players, Who have won at least one tier-1, tier-2, and tier-3 tournament from 2005-2014.
- He was constantly claimed of doping probably because of his body size muscles.
- He refused to team up with or play against Nick Kyrgios at the charity event in the USA.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 2006, He received the Laureus World Sports award.
- In 2008, He received the best International Athlete ESPY award.
- In 2010, He won the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the year award.
- In 2011, He received the Best male Tennis player ESPY award.
- In 2014, He received the Best male Tennis player ESPY award.
- He has won 792 games and losing only 167 games.
What can we learn from him??
Like Rafael Nadal, Build Momentum. give better your work. Always give back to the society, Whatever you can.