Rekha, Whose real name is Bhanurekha Ganesan is an Indian actress, born on 10 October 1954, In Madras State, India.
She is the daughter of Tamil actor Gemini Ganesan and his wife Pushpavalli, Who was Telugu actress. Rekha has one full sister, one-half brother, and five half sisters. Rekha had no good relations with her father.
In 1990, She married Delhi based industrialist Mukesh Agrawal. A year later, he committed suicide. Rekha Involved in many public love affairs including Biswajit Chatterjee, Vinod Mehra, Sajid Khan, Navin Nischol, Jeetendra, Shatrughan Sinha, Yash Kohli, Amitabh Bachchan, and Akshay Kumar.
She had completed her school education at Church Park Convent from Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
In 1966, She had appeared as a child actor in the Telugu Film Rangula Ratnam. In 1969, She made her debut as heroin from Kannada film ‘ Operation Jackpot Nalli C.I.D 999’. In the same year, She made her Hindi film debut from the film ‘Anjana Safar’. But this film ran into censorship problems and released around 1979 with the new title ‘Do Shikaari’. In 1970, Her two films had released Telugu film ‘Amma Kosam’, and Hindi film ‘Sawan Bhadon’. Sawan Bhadon had become a hit and made Rekha – a star overnight. During the 1970s, She had appeared in several commercially successful films like ‘Rampur Ka Lakshman’, ‘Kahani Kismat Ki’, ‘Pran Jaye Par Vachan Na Jaye’. After giving some successful films, She had started paying attention to her makeup, dress sense and had worked to improve her acting skill and learned the Hindi Language. In 1978, She worked in the film Ghar, the film had considered her first notable milestone. In the same year, She also appeared in the Hindi film ‘Muqaddar Ka Sikandar’ with co-star Amitabh Bachchan. In 1980, She worked in comedy film Khoobsurat. Rekha went on to star opposite Amitabh Bachchan in many films including Yash Chopra’s ‘Silsila’. She had worked with Jitendra in ‘Ek Hi Bhool’ movie. In 1988, She starred in the ‘Khoon Bhari Maang’ film. In the 1990s, She gave a more successful film like, Insaaf Ki Devi’. ‘Ab Insaaf Hoga’, ‘Udaan’. She had also worked in several highly controversial films like ‘Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love’ and ‘Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi’. Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi becomes the highest grossing Indian film of the year. In the 2000s, She worked in few movies including ‘Bulandi’, ‘Lajja’, ‘Koi…Mil Gaya’. In 2014, Rekha was working in ‘Fitoor’ movie, But Due to some reason, she was replaced by Tabu. In the same year, She also worked in ‘super Nani’ film.
- Rekha is the big fan of Mumtaz and Jeetendra.
- During her Initial years in Bollywood, She was always looked down because of her dark complexion, Bollywood considered an Ugly Duckling.
- She sang two songs in her film Khoobsurat.
- Rekha is the best friend with dream girl Hema Malini.
- Rekha and Kajol had shot for the cover of the popular magazine back in the 90s, Where they had tucked themselves into one sweater. This cover of the magazine had created quite an uproar throughout the country.
- Sawing Hrithik Roshan at the red carpet of an award function, Rekha had been so excited that when she had leaned into greeting him, She had done almost an ‘Accidental’ lip lock.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1981, She received the Filmfare award for the Best Actress.
- In 1982, She received the National Filmfare award for the Best Actress.
- In 2003, She received the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.
- In 207, She received the Zee Cine Award for Lifetime Achievement.
- In 2010, She received the Padma Shri awards.
- In 2012, She won the International Indian Film Academy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema.
What can we learn from her??
Like Rekha, Ignore the others opinions, Never think about what people say about yourself, Just ignore them and focus on your goal.