Richard Branson is known as English business magnate and the founder of the Virgin Group, born on 18 July 1950, In London, England.
He is the son of Edward James Branson, Who was the barrister and his wife Eve Branson, who was the former ballet dancer and Air hostess. He has two younger sisters.
Richard married two times. In 1972, He married Kristen Tomassi. In 1979, he divorced her. In 1989, He married Joan Templeman. Richard has two children.
He started his education at Scaitcliffe School, a prep school in Surrey. later he moved to Cliff View House School in Sussex. He also attended the Stowe School, an independent school.
At the age of eleven, he decided to start his own business. With his childhood friend, Nik Powell, they had started breeding budgerigars venture, Which was a true bonanza. Branson had started his record business at the church where he had run Student magazine. He had interviewed several prominent personalities of the late 1960s for the magazine including Mick Jagger and R. D. Laing. Branson finally had started a record shop in Oxford Street in London. Branson had expanded his entrepreneurial efforts again, That time to included the Voyager Group travel company in 1980, the Virgin Atlantic airline in 1984 and a series of Virgin Megastores. Finally, The Virgin Group had reached 35 countries over the world, with almost 70,000 employees handling affairs including the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, Canada, Asia, Europe, South Africa and beyond. In 2015, Branson had announced the launch of Virgin Voyages, A new cruise line. On October 31, 2017, the company had commemorated the milestone of laying down the keel for its first ship. He appeared in several television shows as a guest star such as Friends, Baywatch, Birds of a Feather, Only Fools and Horses, The Day Today any other shows. He also appeared in several movies as a cameo role such as Around the World in 80 Days, and Superman Returns.
- He owns his own Island called the Necker Island.
- He is the one Trekkie who invited William Shatner on the first Virgin Galactic flight, the VSS Enterprise.
- In 1992, Branson sold his record business virgin for $1 billion.
- In 1999, Branson had become a founding sponsor of the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children. The goal of which is to help find missing children, and to stop the exploitation of children.
- In 2005, He also founded the Branson School of Entrepreneurship with the partnership between the Virgin Unite, the non-profit foundation of Virgin, and entrepreneur Taddy Blecher.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1993, He received the Doctor of Technology award.
- In 2007, He won the citizen of the year award.
- In 2011, He received the German Media Prize.
- In 2012, He received President Medal.
What can we learn from him??
Like Richard Branson, Enjoy your every single moment of life. Love your business.