Robert De Niro, who is an American film actor and producer born on 17 August 1943, In Manhattan, New York, U.S.
His father name was Robert De Niro Sr. and his mother name was Virginia Admiral. Both his father and mother were professional painters. Niro is Italian and Irish from his father’s side. when Niro was two years old, His parents divorced after his father announced that he was Gay. Niro grew up with his mother in Greenwich Village.
In 1976, He married his first wife Diahnne Abbott. They have one child, Raphael, Who is Exactor and now working in New York real estate Industry. In 1995, Niro got in the relationship with the model Toukie Smith, They have twins through the surrogacy, Their names are Aaron Kendrick and Julian Henry de Niro. In 1997, He married his second wife Grace Hightower, They have two children, Son name is Elliot and daughter Helen Grace. In 2011, Niro and Grace divorced.
Niro started his school education from PS41 public elementary school till 6th grade, Later he was transferred to Elisabeth Irwin High School for a 7th and 8th grade. He attended the high school for music and art for 9th grade. Niro started his High school education at McBurney School, private institute and later he attended the Rhodes Preparatory School. He did not graduate. Niro started his acting at the Stella Adler Conservatory.
In 1963, He appeared in his first film The Wedding Party, When he was 20 years old. but this film did not release till 1969. In 1973, He appeared in the Mean Streets, In this film, he played as a small-time criminal Johny boy. In 1974, He worked in Francis Ford Coppola film, The Godfather ||, Where he played Francis Ford Coppola role. With Scorsese, De Niro gave his hit film Taxi driver. After his hit film, He recognized as a strong actor. He gave more hit films such as Raging Bull, The King of Comedy, Good Fellas, Cape Fear, and Casino. In 1978, He went on star in The Deer Hunter. After this film, He began to selected more variety of roles. He worked in Brazil, Midnight Run, Analyze This, Meet the Parents, Meet the Fockers all this his most popular films. In 1993, Niro started his directorial debut A Bronx Tale, which was screen adaption and little known Broadway Production. In 2003, Niro suffered from prostate cancer, At the same year, He got the successful treatment at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
- Robert is known as Method Actor.
- He completely changed his teeth for the movie Cape Fear.
- He is the co-founder of the film studio TriBeCa Productions and the co-owner of the restaurant Nobu and Tribeca Grill.
Awards and Achievements:
- In 1980, He won the Golden Globe award for Best Actor.
- In 1980, He won the Academy Award for the Best supporting actor.
- In 1997, He won the Christopher Award for the motion picture.
- In 2000, He received the Blockbuster entertainment award for the Best comedy team.
- In 2001, He won the MTV movie award.
- In 2007, He won the Silver Berlin Bear award for outstanding Artistic contribution from the Berlin International Film festival.
- In 2012, He won the AACTA award for the Best International supporting actor.
What can we learn from him??
Like Robert De Niro, Believe in yourself and love your work what you do. it doesn’t matter what people think about you. Never concentrate on others opinion.