Roger Federer, who is professional Tennis player born on 8 August 1981, In Basel, Switzerland. He is currently ranked world’s No 2 in men’s single Tennis by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP).
His father Robert Federer is Swiss-German from Berneck, His mother Lynette Federer, from Kempton Park, Gauteng. Roger has one elder sister Diana. Federer grew up in Birsfelden, Riehen, and then Münchenstein.
Federer married to Mirka Vavrinec, who is farmer Women’s Association Tennis player. They have two sets of twins Girls and Boys, whose names in the pair, Myla Rose and Charlene Riva, and Leo and Lennart.
Like all male Swiss citizens, Federer had subject to compulsory military service in the Swiss Armed Forces. He had served in the civil protection force and had been required to pay 3% of his taxable income as an alternative.
In 1998, He played his first tournament as a professional at Gstaad. In 1999, Federer played for the first time in the top 100 ranking. In 2002, He reached the top 10 position, When he won the Master series event, Hamburg Master was his first. In 2003, He tested his first victory in the Grand Slam title at Wimbledon. He was only one who won three Grand Slam singles titles after Mats Wilander. The year 2004 was extremely lucky for him. In 2004, He won the three ATP Master series 1000 events. In 2005, Federer won the Wimbledon Championships and the US Open. At the same year, He won the four ATP Master series 1000 event and two ATP 500 series.
Federer was the first 21st-century man who won the 2007 Australian open without losing a single set. He also won the US Open and the year End championship in Shanghai. In 2008, He won the ‘Gold Medal’ at the 2008 Olympic Game. In 2010, Federer won the 700th tour match and 150th tour match on clay at French Open and also won the 16th Grand slam at Australian Open.
He knows as a Highest paid sportsperson in the world and listed “number two” of Forbes World’s Highest Paid Athletes. He was referred as the “Greatest Player in Tennis History” by Tennis analyst and other players.
- He has a deep interest in philanthropy.
- He loves swimming. and preferring to spend his free time with his wife and children.
- He was vegetarian until the age of 14.
- He also loves to play Piano.
- In 2003, He established the Tiger Federer foundation to help disadvantaged children to get education and access to sports.
- He is the only player in history to win the Wimbledon and the US open consecutively for three straight years.
- In 2006, By winning the Master cup, Federer became the first player to earn $8 million in a season.
- Federer achieved a career Grand slam by winning his first French Open in 2009.
- Roger Federer had hurt his Pakistani fans when he supported India in the 2015 World Cup Match of India vs Pakistan. He tweeted his pic and he had to wear the Indian Jersey.
Awards and achievements:
- In 2004, He won the BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year award.
- In 2005, He won the Laureus World Sports.
- In 2006, He won the Laureus World Sports and BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year awards.
- In 2007, He received the Laureus World Sports, Best International Athlete ESPY, BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year.
- In 2010, He received the ESPY award.
What can we learn from him??
Like Roger Federer, Have confidence in your abilities, surround yourself with the positive support group. To take care of yourself.